Buying a Hot Tub advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

My wife and I have been looking at either building a koi pond or getting a hot tub.

Well, we're leaning towards the hot tub. So....any Pro's or Con's on this adventure?

Has anyone bought from Watson's/Leisure Time.....way out on NW Expressway. Are they good to buy from? Good customer service?

Thanks!

Cohiba

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you decide to go the hot tub route make sure your entire electrical system is 230 volt. Some hot tubs advertise 230 volt systems, but they take the 230, split it into two 110v for the pumps. 230 volt pumps will cost 1/2 of the 110 models when it comes time to pay the electric bill.
The control system will operate on 110v though on most models.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you keeping the home and hot tub for a long time? Hot Springs is the way to go their shells outlast the competitors. Fiberglass shell breakdown sucks something fierce and makes for an itchy unpleasent experience. Many hot tubs can be wired 220 or 110, if you wire 220 you need 1 220 circuit and 1 110 circuit, if you ire strictly wired 110 your heater doesn't run when the pumps are on. Insulation density around the shell is another factor our Tiger River (hot springs economy brand) costs very little to operate I don't have it metered seperately but roughly $10~$20 a month, they claim they cost half of what the next closest competitor costs to run. Also get an easy lift system for your cover, that way one person can uncover and cover the hot tub by themself.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
buy a used one....you'll save over half easily most likely...they all claim this and that, but when it comes down to it, they are all fiberglass tubs with insulation pvc pipe and motors....

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Install some form of alcohol dispenser, radio and perhaps even a TV that is within reach of said tub.

Invite lots of fit, attractive women to ensure the tub will hold it's intended capacity.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a chemical free one from Country Leisure 12 years ago and it's been great. Uses an ozone bulb system instead of chlorine etc to keep the water clean.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought one from Wholesale Hot Tubs, on Memorial in OKC. Bought it 7 years ago. Haven't had any major troubles with it yet. We did get a couple of small leaks from having to move it about 4 years ago....needed to repair a part of the deck it sits on. The leaks were easy to fix.

Be sure to get the Ozone system, and a cover with the EZ lift...

It is by far the best money we have ever spent......we get in ours 4-5 times per week at least...

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 for the hot springs spas. I had an 1982 model that ran like a dream. It was a 110 model, but with the shell being filled with foam it retained heat very well. They are expensive, but will outlast anything else in the market and they will hold some value. I actually sold my 1982 model for $700 a few years back

Latest posts

Top Bottom