Buying a Speed-queen washer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a number of you have them
What model do you have and would you get the same or a upper or lower model I’m looking at the middle model TC5

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the TR7 and would buy it again in a heartbeat. Mine is 4 years old and has a 7 year parts and labor warranty but never had to use it. And with a bunch of girls in the house we do a lot of laundry.

Some people like the classic TC series better but I don't. It has a transmission that is very loud and is prone to going out. Also that series is very hard on your clothes. Hope that helps.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought one a few years back, awesome machine. Not sure which model other than a 5 something (middle of the road). Very quet also.
Same here. There warranty is amazing (not that you will need it) they supported huge loads from raising 5 kids, so giant wash and dry loads with no problem. They don’t look all techno like a Samsung, but they are beast machines and worth the money.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TC5000 classic.

Actual transmission. Rated for a un heard amount of hours. At current rate of use that machine should not need service for 30 years. LOL.

Had mine for 2 years, love the set. Yes you will pay more but you get a made in the USA machine that weighs a ton and can take whatever you throw at it.

Attachments

• speedqueen.jpg
    speedqueen.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 0

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too have looked online at the Speed Queen washers and couldn't find one that the tub would fill with water. The only one3s I've found was the "high efficiency" that woulds only partially fill up. I guess if I really want a washer that the tub will fill will be an old washer. If I'm wrong please tell me because both my wife and I hate the Whirlpool washer we bought at Lowes.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too have looked online at the Speed Queen washers and couldn't find one that the tub would fill with water. The only one3s I've found was the "high efficiency" that woulds only partially fill up. I guess if I really want a washer that the tub will fill will be an old washer. If I'm wrong please tell me because both my wife and I hate the Whirlpool washer we bought at Lowes.
My TR7 fills to the top with water. If you use the eco mode it wont.

Latest posts

Top Bottom