Buying a Speed-queen washer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard the Speed Queens are real good but told myself I'd never by a top load washer again. We bought the Electroluxfront load washer/dryers that are absolutely fantastic and actually wash dirty clothes and can stick a full set of King bed sheets and comforter in at the same time and they get real clean. IMO, they are the next best thing to the big commercial units at laundrymats.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard the Speed Queens are real good but told myself I'd never by a top load washer again. We bought the Electroluxfront load washer/dryers that are absolutely fantastic and actually wash dirty clothes and can stick a full set of King bed sheets and comforter in at the same time and they get real clean. IMO, they are the next best thing to the big commercial units at laundrymats.
Speed Queen makes front loaders as well.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Most of the machines in a commercial laundromat are made by speed queen.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Four pages of serious washing machine talk. It’s time for @RickN to chime in with some pics.
Only one I have.

load.jpg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is a hammer an "assault weapon"?

****, wish I would have seen this thread yesterday. Wife called me and said our 4 year old ge washer wouldn't stop filling with water and was about to flood the house. Luckily she turned off the water valves, needless to say I bought a Whirlpool from Lowes and the 5 year protection plan. Hopefully this one will last a while.
Yep, I bought our WP washer at Lowes, it grinds and makes all kinds of noise and won't fill up with water. I regret buying this particular washer and even now am trying to convince the wife to get a Speed Queen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom