C4 vs bedliner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone see the Mythbusters tonight were they used spray on bedliner? Pretty cool. They taped 2lbs of C4 5 feet away from a wood wall and blew a huge hole in the wall. Same test with the wall coated with bedliner and all that happened was a scorch mark. Did it again with 4lbs C4 and a cinder block wall, same results.

Screw the vinyl siding, I want to coat the house in bedliner. :rotflmao:

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
didnt get to see the show but it brings up an interesting question. now dont get me wrong I dont want my house to look like the bedliner in a truck but why couldnt they start with that and develop a coating that would look good on your house and still have the protective qualities of the bedliner material. I know cost would be an issue but think of the long term savings in paint or sideing. even better why cant they use that type of technology to develop some kind of roofing material that would last a lot longer.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would the fact that it is a complete water/air barrier be a problem? I know you need to have a certain amount of air circulation, and you could build that in the design of how it's applied, as well, but... just curious. I'd put this stuff on my roof in a heartbeat!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
didnt get to see the show but it brings up an interesting question. now dont get me wrong I dont want my house to look like the bedliner in a truck but why couldnt they start with that and develop a coating that would look good on your house and still have the protective qualities of the bedliner material. I know cost would be an issue but think of the long term savings in paint or sideing. even better why cant they use that type of technology to develop some kind of roofing material that would last a lot longer.

You mean like an über-tough stucco?

Latest posts

Top Bottom