California to register illegal aliens to vote – automatically

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really wanna say something that sounds really cool and well worded but I don't know how to say what I think bout this in a snazzy well educated way. So I say this... Why the hell would anyone think this is a good idea and this crap needs to be stopped. I feel like I should get me a sign and be a protester but my temper won't hold when a confrontation starts. Then, I'd wake up in prison or dead or both and then.....? Yeah I'll just keep doin what I'm doin. Voted for the first time in my life last year so that tells y'all how in touch with politics I've been in for my 33yrs of age.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My answer is very quick and very short. We cannot allow illegal aliens to vote in the elections. What laws will be disregarded nest just because some idiot in Kalifornia wants to use their middle finger like the little illegal ***** photo. We have to take a stand at some point and enforce the law. We cannot allow the DNC and everyone associated with it to rule our country. I ask you to refresh your memory by looking at the Doc Holliday thread https://www.okshooters.com/threads/another-political-truism.254527

We have to stop this lawlessness at some point and somewhere.
How do you propose we do that? Remember, there's SCOTUS caselaw preventing the federal or state governments from adding criteria to serve in Congress, or refusing to seat somebody who met those criteria. As to POTUS, read Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 (as amended); once the states certify the electoral ballots, there's no provision for the feds to reject them.

What do you propose we do?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you propose we do that? Remember, there's SCOTUS caselaw preventing the federal or state governments from adding criteria to serve in Congress, or refusing to seat somebody who met those criteria. As to POTUS, read Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 (as amended); once the states certify the electoral ballots, there's no provision for the feds to reject them.

If a state that openly allows illegal aliens to vote, and knowing it's against federal law, how can it be considered "certified" in the first place?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you propose we do that?
I'm guessing voter ID laws would be out of the question since every illegal in Ca is or can be a registered voter no matter the turn out.
I'm foggy on this, but isn't voter redistricting dependant on the number of voters in a district, and those lines can be changed to alter the number of congress folks to favor a certain party?

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You can always spend your time calling your Congressmen/Senators etc. Keep it up until they quit taking your calls. It won't help. Zll gtney eant is a vote and your money and your children. Spend some time thinking about what you want your country to be like. Make damn sure that is what you want and do everything you can to help get it to that point.

When the time comes you will know what to do and will either act or not. It doesn't make a difference which you choose but you will have to choose.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wanna say something that sounds really cool and well worded but I don't know how to say what I think bout this in a snazzy well educated way. So I say this... Why the hell would anyone think this is a good idea and this crap needs to be stopped. I feel like I should get me a sign and be a protester but my temper won't hold when a confrontation starts. Then, I'd wake up in prison or dead or both and then.....? Yeah I'll just keep doin what I'm doin. Voted for the first time in my life last year so that tells y'all how in touch with politics I've been in for my 33yrs of age.

You need to learn to be cool, especially when under any confrontation. There are many ways to develop being calm cool and collected when being confronted in almost any situation. This is not the place to learn those lessons. I leave you with a quote from Thomas Jefferson.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

Really though I think you should keep doing what you are doing.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing voter ID laws would be out of the question since every illegal in Ca is or can be a registered voter no matter the turn out.
I'm foggy on this, but isn't voter redistricting dependant on the number of voters in a district, and those lines can be changed to alter the number of congress folks to favor a certain party?
No, no, and yes. No, illegals can't be registered; if nothing else, see the bit in red in my previous post. No, districts are not based on voter registriation; they're based on population, which is why we have a decennial census. Again, read my previous post. Yes, district lines can be drawn for political advantage, to a degree; such careful drawing is often the subject of prolonged lawsuits.

Seriously, read my post above with the red text. Read the whole thing; I've addressed a lot of this (and also pointed out why the practical effect of this is pretty small).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, no, and yes. No, illegals can't be registered; if nothing else, see the bit in red in my previous post. No, districts are not based on voter registriation; they're based on population, which is why we have a decennial census. Again, read my previous post. Yes, district lines can be drawn for political advantage, to a degree; such careful drawing is often the subject of prolonged lawsuits.

Seriously, read my post above with the red text. Read the whole thing; I've addressed a lot of this (and also pointed out why the practical effect of this is pretty small).
I glossed over the main text to be honest and focused on the practical effect and agree it's not a big a deal as many think, which in turn brought the questions of redistricting. Texas is having fits with this now IIRC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom