Can a convicted murderer make guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbrad

Marksman
Reaction score
It is against state and federal laws for a convicted felon to own, or possess a firearm, all he could do with that design is sell it or find a manufacture or patent the design

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going against the grain on this one. If a person was convicted, sentenced and served their time, then they have paid their debt. PERIOD. There is no other argument here. I'm also against continually persecuting someone after they have served their time. If their debt is paid, then they should also have their GUARANTEED 2A right reinstated. Nowhere does it say "except for....".

I know of a lady who just got out 6 months ago for a murder she was convicted of in 1996, was sentenced to 35 years, do you believe that debt is paid???

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a freind that was caught at a very young age taking football bets for a bookie parlay cards and such when they busted him he had quite a bit of his own money at the house too. he made a deal with the DA they keep all they money they found in the house even his money he had to plead guilty to a felony and sentence would be defered ( of course for all his money) 25 years later he owns a pretty large company pays a lot of taxes and has never had so much as a speeding ticket since. you will never convince me he does not have a right to protect his family

A deferred sentence is NOT a conviction. If that is the only charge he has ever received, he should be able to buy/own a firearm. It sounds to me like it was a suspended sentence or he has other convictions. Hell, if his only charges were deferred, he may be able to own a firearm and doesn't even know it!

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A deferred sentence is NOT a conviction. If that is the only charge he has ever received, he should be able to buy/own a firearm. It sounds to me like it was a suspended sentence or he has other convictions. Hell, if his only charges were deferred, he may be able to own a firearm and doesn't even know it!

you are prob right it may be suspended instead of defered all i know is he said it did not matter to him how much it cost if he did not have to go to prison.I have asked him why not check to see if he can own a gun or get a lawyer to get it exspunged he replied owning a gun is not that big of a deal to him

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too many If's and what If's
Money is/can be part of the equasion.
and Yes time served, and the paper time that could follow, fines , victim restitution=== time served....after all the Law IS the Law

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And dont forget, all of you might soon be felons under the proposed gun laws unless you give up your guns.

So really, it looks like many people here agree that the people here should not have guns once gun control passes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom