can you get a 1911 ported?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For general use.. I'd advise skipping the port job on any handgun...

I have a factory ported Titanum Taurus 85... great little pistol. The fireball will set a drunk on fire if you miss... from contact to about 10 feet.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For general use.. I'd advise skipping the port job on any handgun...

I have a factory ported Titanum Taurus 85... great little pistol. The fireball will set a drunk on fire if you miss... from contact to about 10 feet.

Why would you say this? I'm seriously considering by a XD9 V10. I shot a guys V10 at the range, I saw him shooting it, but didn't see any fireball. Is there something dangerous about them? I would like to know before I buy one.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would you say this? I'm seriously considering by a XD9 V10. I shot a guys V10 at the range, I saw him shooting it, but didn't see any fireball. Is there something dangerous about them? I would like to know before I buy one.

Try shooting one at dusk or night and you'll see the fireball trust me it is there. The only danger is if it is too close to your face. Ported guns though slightly easier to shoot rapidly will blind you at dusk and night making follow up shots hard. You can also get powder in your eyes from a ported gun. If this is going to be a target gun only it should not be a problem...If it is a concealed carry gun stay away from ports. If you train with your firearm you will be able to do anything with a non ported gun you can with a ported gun. Just my opinion.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing dangerous... but as noted... shoot a ported gun at twilight and "you light up my life" has a new meaning.

The ports offset the muzzle flip.. but if seem to produce a lot more concussion/flash/general discomfort when using a ported firearm.

Shooting any pistol from close retention can get a little "warm"... I'd think twice about saving my armpit hair and ribs shooting any ported gun that way.

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is what I'm looking for! I figured it would be more than 140$ that's awesome. And to answer all on why I have a few reasons but nothing to much more than
1.) even for a short action 1911 mine kicks quite hard
2.) If I was worried about muzzle flash
I wouldn't have bought a 4" 1911......you need to see my Sbr and well the same for concussion......the website above CLAIMS it doesn't set the dragon in your pistol free
3.) most importantly, well my personal taste is telling me that ported pistol's are F&%$ING awesome!

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
okay so im a rifle guy so i just did some homework on the .45acp round. seeing how low the pressures involved with the round, i now see why you keep asking why. a simple google search also drove the pint home with a bunch of post on other websites saying porting a .45acp isn't the most practical thing to do with your money. ...... but for the record i still think this would look awesome.....

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a simple google search also drove the pint home with a bunch of post on other websites saying porting a .45acp isn't the most practical thing to do with your money. ...... but for the record i still think this would look awesome.....

Hell, dude, don't listen to any of us...If you want to do it, go for it. Just post pictures when your done. I'd love to see it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom