Cancer Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
january 2022 diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer , march 1 had thyroidectomy and radical neck dissection surgery because cancer had spread to lymph nodes, vocal cord nerve , trachea and esophagus (6 hr surgery 6 days in hospital) followed with radioactive Iodine ablation . follow up scan showed they weren't able to get all of the cancer. April 1 referred to radiation oncology for external beam radiation, after discussing the side effects and damage ebrt would cause I decided to put off Ebrt as long as possible much to the dismay of my Doctors. April 14th started the Joe Tippens protocol after hearing about it from a friend. had several surgeries for distant metastasis and here I am
Cingrats! Everyone that doesn't know about Joe Tippens and RSO should read up. My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in March of 2021. She is also NED.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cingrats! Everyone that doesn't know about Joe Tippens and RSO should read up. My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in March of 2021. She is also NED.
congrats to your wife. I tried RSO but it laid me out I was nonfunctional on it and unfortunately I've had to keep working as much as possible through this to keep my insurance

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great news! Been there and done that. Cancer in 2007 and it came back with vengeance in 2012. 10 years Cancer free now. What doesn't kill you WILL make you stronger, my personal experience, physically weaker but mentally stronger.

Jim Parry

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
after testing last week and meeting with my oncologist and endocrinologist I am now officially "NED" (no evidence of active disease) I have a few procedures up coming to repair damage, but I'm now in the monitoring phase with labs and scans every 4 months.
I have to remain NED for 5 years to be considered cancer free.
Praise God and Thank you to everyone who kept me in your thoughts and prayers and pray I stay NED if you don't mind. Again
Thank You everyone and thank you Lord
Great news prayers continuing

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
after testing last week and meeting with my oncologist and endocrinologist I am now officially "NED" (no evidence of active disease) I have a few procedures up coming to repair damage, but I'm now in the monitoring phase with labs and scans every 4 months.
I have to remain NED for 5 years to be considered cancer free.
Praise God and Thank you to everyone who kept me in your thoughts and prayers and pray I stay NED if you don't mind. Again
Thank You everyone and thank you Lord
Made my day you old
Crusty fart.
God bless

Latest posts

Top Bottom