Carry at the Fair this year??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
non corp lake? so, Army corp lake like Lake Arcadia is a "no conceal Carry" lake? How about Lake thunderbird? Guthrie/liberty/ sooner lake? Fort Cobb? anyone know?

Fort Cobb is a Bureau of Reclamation project, and that agency defers to state and local laws (except buildings in states that allow buildings).

Sooner Lake is OG&E.

Thunderbird is Reclamation.

Pretty sure Guthrie and Liberty are municipal, but I could be wrong.

Arcadia is a Corps Lake. Army Corps of Engineers does not defer to state and local laws.

Congressional Research Service did a rather plain English evaluation of the difference between Reclamation and Corps. http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc98027/m1/1/high_res_d/R42602_2012Jul12.pdf (Page 6 has an excellent table summarizing differences)

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A better idea, just don't go to the fair. Ever wonder where all the people of walmart go this time of year.

My brother and his wife begged me to go with them the other day. My reply was simply "long lines, lots of walking through crowds of people, all the while trying to keep tabs on 6+ kids(his four and some of their friends).....no thanks, I think I will stay home and drink." They were both exhausted after their return, but my brother enjoyed the food. State Fair food isn't worth the aforementioned cons to me....YMMV

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fort Cobb is a Bureau of Reclamation project, and that agency defers to state and local laws (except buildings in states that allow buildings).

Sooner Lake is OG&E.

Thunderbird is Reclamation.

Pretty sure Guthrie and Liberty are municipal, but I could be wrong.

Arcadia is a Corps Lake. Army Corps of Engineers does not defer to state and local laws.

Congressional Research Service did a rather plain English evaluation of the difference between Reclamation and Corps. http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc98027/m1/1/high_res_d/R42602_2012Jul12.pdf (Page 6 has an excellent table summarizing differences)

Although I was told by the Park Manager of Beavers Bend (on a Corp Lake) that carry was allowed there since they lease the land from the corp and are responsible for the lake and the land.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I was told by the Park Manager of Beavers Bend (on a Corp Lake) that carry was allowed there since they lease the land from the corp and are responsible for the lake and the land.

Which is different than what I was told by a federale on a Corps-managed lake.

Just because something isn't always enforced to the letter doesn't mean that it's legal.

Though... we should probably stop the hijack...

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is different than what I was told by a federale on a Corps-managed lake.

Just because something isn't always enforced to the letter doesn't mean that it's legal.

Though... we should probably stop the hijack...

It may well have to do with who manages the lake as opposed to who owns the lake.

can you leave it inside the car locked if not conceal carry? in the corp lake like arcadia?
Corp property is federal property. The state of OK may give you an exemption for parking lots but the feds won't.

But to keep the thread on topic....I won't be going to the fair this year anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't quote me, I could be wrong but....I thought that the state fair grounds is privately owned? Their website says that they are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit.

I have no intensions of going.... one way or the other.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't quote me, I could be wrong but....I thought that the state fair grounds is privately owned? Their website says that they are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit.

I have no intensions of going.... one way or the other.

The organization that runs the "Great State Fair of Oklahoma" is a non-profit that leases the fair grounds, which are owned by the city or county.

Latest posts

Top Bottom