Carry Delemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess it depends on your perspective.I wouldn't consider any gun under $1000 expensive.I would NOT,however carry a $2500 Nighthawk or wilson as a daily carry piece.Carry that Kahr. Steve

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sig P229 SAS with CT grips and a lil over $1K tied up in it. Carry it everywhere. Like was said earlier....If I need one I need a good one. If they get it from me, I'll probably never miss it and certainly won't be needing it again. Would have been a nice piece to leave for the kids but oh well. They can just split up the rest of them.

:ooh2:

You don't happen to have the original SAS wooden grips laying around that you want to sell do you?

I used to worry about dinking or scratching a nice gun while carrying it - but when it comes down to it, you buy some guns to look pretty and take out to the range and play with, and others are your work-horses.

Your carry gun cannot be a pretty un-touchable gun - it has to be a work-horse (no matter the price).

I've gotten over worrying about scuffing/scratching/dinging a carry gun - and I've moved up the chain to significantly more expensive guns than I used to carry. Same with some of my older safe-queens - they were meant to be used, so they're getting used a lot now.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't happen to have the original SAS wooden grips laying around that you want to sell do you?

I'm sure I have them somewhere. I don't remember them being wood though. I bought the pistol and the grips at the same time and the shop swapped them for me before I even picked it up so I honestly don't remember giving them more than a passing glance.

If i locate them I'll let you know and would more than likely just give them to you given the fact I don't see me ever going back to them.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't buy a handgun that cost over 1K. :)

I feel the same way but having shot Nighthawks and Wilsons,I'd like to own one.Hey,I have an idea.You could but me one for my next birthday.I don't care which,Nighthawk or Wilson,so just surprise me.Thanks in advence Jerry. Steve

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carry a pistol you trust and are comfortable using. Anything beyond that is 3rd or 4th in priority. I must admit that I don't buy or own pistols worth over $1000. Maybe someday.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom