Carry Rotation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What exactly is a carry ROTATION?own lots of handguns.carry ONE. Why should anyone have a rotation?:) Interested in the thinking on this.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From reading this forum for a couple of years I take it that some folks do "rotate guns" on some regular basis.

It seems I read years ago that gun carriers would be best served by packing "the same gun, the same way, everyday".

Dressing around a concealed gun may compromise that old advise... I know I carry 3 types of guns depending on what I wear... sometimes 2 of the 3 at one time. But as far as a "monday-jframe, Tuesday-1911...." rotation ---no I don't

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't rotate just to rotate. I'll change for different ways I dress and sometimes weather. And I've changed recently because I broke my favorite holster and need a replacement for that type of carry with that gun.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I carry what I train with. No rotation here and I wouldn't do it any other way. I would be interested in hearing a rational argument for a rotation?

Well, the other guns get lonely....

All kidding aside, I have two handguns I carry, the same two handguns I train with. I choose one over the other (or both at times) based on what works, or if the wife has one of the others with her.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have three primary carry types, revolver, Glock & 1911. I happen to not practice what I preach in this respect, but given the training and performance levels I've achieved on all three platforms, I feel perfectly comfortable doing so. Each one has it's advantages and drawbacks, but I'm acutely aware of them and which platform I'm using at the time. I wouldn't call it a rotation, but more a matter of scalability based on the situation at hand.

XDnOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rotate between 3 carry guns, 3" and 4" compact 1911's both in 45 and a 4" M&P in 9mm. My reasoning is/was my 1911's were more concealable in the summer time and the M&P in the winter time and since I practice with them often, the wear is spread over time.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought rotation was more about ammo and magazines. relieving the pressure on mag springs every once in a while.
shooting up the ammo you been carrying a while and replacing it with new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom