Carrying a backup CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"but this guy said........"

That's hilarious. Don't confuse me with the facts!

Fortunately for us, the SDA is written pretty much in plain language. Minutiae of interpretation are subject to debate, but it does a pretty good job of making the big points clear.

John64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is a poorly written law and lame instructor training when instructors teach totally opposite views. Either you can carry more than one or you can’t. My position is it does not say you can’t, so you can.

John64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it was cleared up, just less muddy.

Not sure because I don't have an old bootlet. This might be it:

TITLE 21 § 1290.2. Definitions

2. Pistol means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which:

or it could be this:

TITLE 21 § 1290.18. Application form contents

20. Authorized type or types of pistol for which the applicant qualified as stated on the certificate of training or exemption of training which shall be stated as either derringer, revolver, semiautomatic pistol, or some combination of derringer, revolver and semiautomatic pistol and the maximum ammunition capacity of the firearm shall be .45 caliber;

I don't really care anymore. I am carrying two from now on. I only carried one before because the instructor told me that was the law and he convinced me that "a" meant "one". So from now on "a" 45 for primary and "a" 9mm for BUG.

I think it is peculiar that no instructors have given their “professional” insight to this subject.

Latest posts

Top Bottom