Cars that have gone 1 millon miles or more

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. Did it have 3cylinders? They’re not bad cars at all. I wouldn’t mind having one of the convertible models.
Yes. Have to say I remain impressed with the engine they have, it never gave us any problems. The only thing I had to do with the car was the normal maintenance, scheduled oil changes, sparkplugs, brake pads, tires. I was also surprised that I never had to change out the clutch.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had several that went 200k+ .

The last one I sold was a 2001 Dodge Stratus with 264,xxx on it. We purchased it (wrecked) in 2002 with 3000 miles on it. Repaired it, and it was the Mrs daily driver for 15 years. I would have gotten in it and driven it across the country with confidence.

I sold it for $800, and the idiot that bought it wrecked it within 3 months.

In my opinion, if you can't get at least 200K miles from a modern automobile, you are abusing it.

On the other hand, I believe that beyond 250K, one is on borrowed time.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For over two decades, I owned a simple little 1990 Chevy S-10 pickup (dark blue, black interior, 4 cylinder engine, manual in-floor 5-speed)... Last year, the old man who bought it (back in early 2004) told me that it was still running out on his farm, with 505,008 miles on the odometer.

I loved that S-10, should have kept it. But Wifey insisted that it go away - and I learned (long ago) the efficacy of "yes, dear!" LOL (I currently have a 2007 Lexus SUV, with 253,000 - and, since I give it regular maintenance, I legitimately expect it to get a half-million miles before I get rid of it).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom