'Cause I'm a Carnivore, Dammit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't be trying that...

So did it make you sick or irritated at all? I can't imagine all the crap growing on ground beef.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have eaten hamburgers cooked kinda "medium" but wouldn't touch that. I had a steak once that was rare enough that the middle wasn't cold, but almost. But raw ground meat?............I'm thinking no.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steak Tartar

Similar to what the OP suggests but spiced up a bit (and in his the horseradish will kill a lot of the bacteria y'all are worried about if one mixes it with the meat and then refrigerates over night).

Steak Tartar is eaten around the world, especially popular in Europe. I ate the stuff all the time while stationed in Aschaffenburg, Germany. Sometimes would buy a pound or two along with fresh baked bread from a bakery and keep it handy as a snack in my barracks room.

Ummmmm... ummmmm... GOOD!

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say it ... eating ground meat raw is simply S-T-U-P-I-D.

Anyone that would eat raw ground beef or chicken is just asking for trouble. I had cancer surgery last June. Prior to that I had a biopsy taken that revealed the cancer. During the biopsy I was exposed to a strain of e coli and wound up with a urinary tract infection. I couldn't undergo the surgery to remove the cancerous organ until I got the e coli infection solved. It took four months of taking 7 - 10 day regiments of about six different antibiotics before we finally found something that would kill the strain of e-coli that I was infected by. All in all, I was on 12 different rounds of antibiotics.

While my infections is different than what one gets from eating raw ground meat infected with e coli it is a more dangerous thing to do. You are simply rolling the dice every time you eat raw ground meat.

To do it and then brag about it is .... well I just won't say what I really think!!!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing OP has never seen ground beef made. I've seen it made in a very small, very clean butcher shop and it still ain't pretty. I can't imagine where the big box store stuff comes from, what is in it, and how it's handled before it made it's way to that nasty ass sandwich.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a vegitarian-by-proxy. I let animals eat the green stuff, then I eat the animals.

Thanks!! I now have a new statment to add when discussing the benefits of being a carnivore to my veggi relatives.:D

BTW for whatever reason my exwife would eat a bite of raw burger when we were using it for cooking and said she liked it. Yet, she had to have steak well done, and would not eat ground venison?????

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it's kind of a manly thing to do to eat raw stuff. Well, raw meat anyway. RAR! Something to brag about or impress the girls maybe. But I wouldn't play around with salmonella poisoning.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look I have no problem with eating raw meat, but it better be very high quality meat, and it better processed in a clean(ish) envioronment. And from a butcher that I know. But it sure as hell better not be raw STORE BOUGHT MEAT! My God man that is just asking for food poisoning! That stuff is processed in a absolutely filthy environment and it's just a matter of time before you get deathly ill. Believe me, you get a bad case and you'll be extra careful in future about what you eat.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heh, I am still alive. Wouldn't know it from some of the stuff that I've been reading here.

Smartest thing in the world? Not really, but I was getting impatient as I had been unable to make it to the butcher's shop.

And, yes, I do know about fire.

[Broken External Image]

Ek ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom