Cc gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheeve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you go with a Kel-Tec I would suggest doing some searches for "Kel-Tec Fluff and Buff". It is the general procedure for knocking some of the rough edges off the the Kel-Tecs internally and externally, some of the machining ends up a little rough, but you are talking about a 200 dollar gun vs much more for the competition. I looked at the PF9 and P11 and went with the P11, its not all that much bigger for a lot more capacity in being a little easier to shoot and hold on to.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a p3at and a hard chromed pf9, love them both. the pf9 has the typical dao trigger but if you just take some time with it you can make very accurate shots with it, i have 0 problems with it, i will eventually go to a kahr for many reasons but for the money the kel tec cant be beat. lifetime warrenty, 3 dot sights, very reliable(0 failures of any kind for me), and easy to conceal. often times people forget it is a 250-300 dollar gun and expect it to perform like a 550-600 dollar kahr. i say get one and shoot the **** out of it and you will be good to go, dont expect to take it out of the box and be super accurate

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the P11, the PF9's big brother. Though I don't carry it a lot, but I do like it. They are a handful, so if you are recoil-shy, it might not be for you. Also due to size/weight/trigger pull, you will need to practice with it more than many to shoot it well. Otherwise, I don't have any complaints. It's reasonably accurate and has be very reliable using a variety of loads.

@ Glocktogo - The trigger shoe helps immensely with the trigger feel. The Kel-Tecs already have a heavy pull. Also the recoil combined with the very narrow trigger face makes your trigger finger sore very quickly without the shoe. With the weight of the pull you'd have to shove the gun into a holster/pocket/whatever pretty hard to have an AD. Just know your equipment, use appropriate caution and you should be fine.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I traded my PF-9 for a Ruger SR9C, It is NOT because I didn't like the Kel-Tec. I wish I could have afforded to keep it as it's a great summer carry/Pocket Pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom