Cc gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fendar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a kel tec pf9 for consealed carry. Anyone have experience with this gun, and does anyone local carry it? I like it because it is easy on the wallet, and easy to conseal.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The P-32's and P3AT's have a pretty strong following. I have a P-32 and love it. A neighbor has a pf9 and hates it. I took it out and test fired it for her. It shot well at 10 yards (about 1 inch low and a half inch to the right with a tight group), but the trigger sucked rocks compared to my P-32. It was very difficult to shoot that good group with the awful trigger.

There are several small 9mm's I would pick over the pf9.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Handgun General Discussion and Self Defense and CCW Discussion called...

wondered where you were at...

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Moved. I have one, the trigger is long, and hard to pull smoothly, especially in rapid fire. It has been reliable, but I'm considering moving up to the PM9 if I get a chance to shoot one again to compare to.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was looking, decided to go with a KelTec P11. I have a P3AT and just can't warm up to such a small gun. Same as the P9, just too small (narrow)for my long hands to get a comfortable grip on.

The P11 isn't a pocket gun unless you have really big pockets but can be carried IWB pretty comfortably. I added a trigger shoe, Hogue Jr grip, extended mag base and Arma-Laser. Like most double action autos the trigger sucks but I can pretty consistently put all 11 rounds in the 10 ring at 21 feet which is all it needs to do.

awww.somethinxtra.com_Public_KelTecP11.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was looking, decided to go with a KelTec P11. I have a P3AT and just can't warm up to such a small gun. Same as the P9, just too small (narrow)for my long hands to get a comfortable grip on.

The P11 isn't a pocket gun unless you have really big pockets but can be carried IWB pretty comfortably. I added a trigger shoe, Hogue Jr grip, extended mag base and Arma-Laser. Like most double action autos the trigger sucks but I can pretty consistently put all 11 rounds in the 10 ring at 21 feet which is all it needs to do.

awww.somethinxtra.com_Public_KelTecP11.jpg

Why the trigger shoe? it likely won't cause probelms considering the long heavy trigger pull on your gun, but trigger shoes are universally despised on carry guns. They've caused accidents before. :(

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trigger bites my finger without the shoe and I don't see how it could cause any issues with the P11. It's narrower than the trigger guard and I added 2 more set set screws on the left side to make sure it stays put.

Latest posts

Top Bottom