ccw and motorbikes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climbtothebeet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive got a slight predicament. I usually carry a xd sub compact.40 in a crossbreed. and love it. Problem is when on the bike the fieance complains about the gun bruising her leg. anybody have any solotions that would work for the bike? (i refuse to use shoulder houlster, constantly flagging people and have to keep the jacket on.)

Dbltap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always carry when riding. Glock 26 owb when I need a coat, SW 642 on ankle when no coat needed. Wife's never complained about the Glock bugging her at all.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are wearing a coat - Langlitz makes leathers. They will build you one with a holster built in to a pocket. I know they do J frames, don't know what else. I've never used one, but have heard good things about them.

jej

climbtothebeet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well, a new ccw is out of the budjet right now, just looking at holster options. ive got a pocket holster for a tarus .38 ultralite but, only carry that at work, pockets are to small in my jeans. if you carry with a ankle holster, is it comfortable? with shifting brakeing etc.? I will have to look into a small of the back, that could probably work. thanks

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SOB would be a great solution for you (IWB works well for me, but the wife has her own bike, so no complaints about her leg), except that I would be very leery of putting a big chink of metal against my spine while riding. A get-off might just have amplified consequences below the waist. Just MHO. Good luck, whatever you choose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom