CCW and still can't carry.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any word on from the Union at MMAC or anyone else on the matter? There was a rumor going around from a few guys was that the latest State House Bill 1652 would now allow us to store them in our cars in the parking lot. I read through the bill and all it changed was taking Technology Centers off the list of being unlawful like elementary and secondary schools.

linky

Specifically B. 1. of the bill is what interests me....

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, unless your employer is federal like the other guys', or if it is specified in the list of prohibited places, you're clear. If it is a state prison, then you can still have your weapon in the car as long as no prisoners are located in the parking lot.

Even if your a federal employee, you have this section of the SDA

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:
1. Any property set aside for the use of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority,

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if your a federal employee, you have this section of the SDA

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:
1. Any property set aside for the use of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority,

Unfortunately, if it is Federally Owned, controlled access, the SDA is so much toilet paper.
The section only relieves the person of state prosecution in a parking lot, not Federal. The VA does and has successfully prosecuted vets in Federal court for having a gun stored in the car in their parking lots.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe the federal government can be forced to comply with a state law on something like this....As much as I'd like to see it come to pass. Fed property, fed rules.

That is how I have always thought it to be also. SBD was planning on getting with a Union rep on the issue but I never heard anything else. I am not planning to start anytime soon (I don't want to be the guinea pig), I was wondering more if there was an update.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, if it is Federally Owned, controlled access, the SDA is so much toilet paper.
The section only relieves the person of state prosecution in a parking lot, not Federal. The VA does and has successfully prosecuted vets in Federal court for having a gun stored in the car in their parking lots.

Unfortunately true....

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a friend of mine who is a civ at tafb get caught coming onto base with a gun in his car. They pressed charges but dropped them in court. Not sure if he ever got his gun back. I am a contractor out a TAFB and leave my gun in my car at work. Locked parking lot and all. Drive a work truck out to tinker so I am good, but unarmed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom