CCW class pricing max

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have charged as much as $60 and as little as free depending on the situation. Man and wife is always a max of $100. If the don't have a semi-auto I supply one. If they can't afford the ammo...I'll likely knock it off the price of the class if that's a show stopper for them. Best price I ever got was an old man and woman in Southeastern OK where it took me 16 hours to cover all their questions, spent $40 in gas to get there and back over 3 days and was paid 2 loaves of homemade bread and a jar of homemade plum jelly.

I am getting rich on this gig even though I'm not making anything speak of and have been since the begining.

shooter226

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have charged as much as $60 and as little as free depending on the situation. Man and wife is always a max of $100. If the don't have a semi-auto I supply one. If they can't afford the ammo...I'll likely knock it off the price of the class if that's a show stopper for them. Best price I ever got was an old man and woman in Southeastern OK where it took me 16 hours to cover all their questions, spent $40 in gas to get there and back over 3 days and was paid 2 loaves of homemade bread and a jar of homemade plum jelly.

I am getting rich on this gig even though I'm not making anything speak of and have been since the begining.

I am too. It sure is fun. If I cover gas and food & expences thats pretty good. I dont think you can charge for a "range fee"

Mark

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Title 21 said:
For the training and qualification course, an applicant may be charged a fee not to exceed Sixty Dollars ($60.00).

It seems to me that the shooting part of the class is the qualification portion of the class and the total fee can not be more than $60 for both training and shooting.

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I stated in another similar thread:

Per OSBI and CLEET, the course cannot exceed $60, INCLUDING any range fees. The only additional fees that one may be required to pay as a student are gun rental, if they don't have one as this is a separate service you are providing, as well as if the student does not have ammunition, eyes, and/or ears.

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they do and they are a disgrace to all legitimate firearms businesses.

It's not just the price they charge for the class while forcing students into purchasing a year membership that they then have to pay for each time the shoot, but also in their pricing and poor customer service. Not to mention the countless times I have either seen or heard of one employee being a sleeze to women customers. Also, I was informed by a fellow church member who got their carry license through Tulsa Firearms and that the instructor did nothing but talk about how great of a shooter etc he was and when I asked about the shooting portion, he stated he learned nothing in regards to the fundamentals.

They were able to get away with it for a long time as the only indoor range in Tulsa, however, now that others have opened up, customers now have better options. Pricing is still high in terms of firearms at 2A (check out sports world for better pricing when purchasing a gun), but at least they don't charge you for a membership on top of the $60 for the class, as well as not charging $25 for non members to shoot and they have a WAY BETTER ventilation system. When you shoot at Tulsa Firearms you will smell and taste it in the back of your throat after you leave.

When it comes to getting a carry license, there are several better options than Tulsa Firearms. Granted this is just my opinion in how they do business and in no way should be construed as the absolute experience or opinion for others.

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno if there's been any changes, but I took my class at H&H when I was living in Norman and they only charged the $60. Any additional charge was optional and that was only a gun rental fee if you were unable to provide your own firearm. The class content seemed to cover a lot more than the recommended curriculum which was nice. Only annoying thing was that my driver's license was still Rogers county so I had to make an eventual trip to Claremore to submit my application through that sheriff's office.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tulsa Firearms regularly charges more and then tells people they got a "free membership" etc.

The way TF gets away with this is they only allow "members" to take their carry classes. They require you to be a member or they refuse service.

Not holding up for them and as Jason mentioned, there is an abundance of choice out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom