Cetme.308 vs Saiga .308 vs L1A1 Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome! You will be VERY happy with it. I promise the first time you put a round downrange it will leave a big ****-eating grin on your face!

And BTW, Appleseed is a nation-wide program... we have clinics in your neck of the woods too. In fact, its actually more active over there on the east coast, since that's where it started! Check out our website here: www.appleseedinfo.org

The shoot schedule is on one of the drop-down menus. I promise, next to buying the rifle itself, this is the best thing you can be spending your "gun money" on! I was a "gun guy" all my life, and thought I was pretty good until I went to one of these clinics. I was amazed at how much I learned in just one day. Trust me on this, I wouldn't lead a fellow Rifleman wrong!

If you can make it to a shoot at the Appleseed home range in Ramseur, NC, you will have a chance to shoot pop-up steel silhouettes out to 500 yards. They have some awesome facilities out there.

SevenSixTwo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you a while ago. Whatever you will save on the Saiga over the FAL you will spend ten times over in magazines (they are even more expensive that M1a magazines!). The saiga will work, but at its heart is just an AK. You will essentially have an AK with a very expensive diet. Get the L1A1, I own one and it is an awesome rifle. Very gentle recoil, fun to shoot, easy to carry with the right sling, and any kind of aftermarket accesory you want can be had from DSA. The only thing I would change about my L1A1 is that bloody british flash hider! That thing is like 7 inches long! Simply have a gunsmith replace it with a steyr short flash hider from falcon arms (or a more modern vortex flash hider) and you are golden. Oh yeah, and magazines are like 14 bucks a pop over at JG Sales.
As far as CETME goes, unless you are an amature gunsmith, or want to learn how to be one, the run as fast as you can in the other direction. :bolt:

Latest posts

Top Bottom