Chain saw sharping.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could not find my chain saw sharping stone. Stuck a Harbor Freight diamond bit in Dremel & put razor edge on the saw chain very quick. Cuts like crazy .
Those work really good if you pay attention to what your doing. If not you can do more damage than good in a hurry. I have used them for a couple years now and do like them.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Stihl sharpener and that Timber thing that has little carbide spinny blades. Neither was great. I'm going to try this. I cut a lot of weed so blades are expensive summertime "fun fees". I'm going to try this and see if it rips the saw out of my hands. Arr arr arr!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could not find my chain saw sharping stone. Stuck a Harbor Freight diamond bit in Dremel & put razor edge on the saw chain very quick. Cuts like crazy .
They have a lot of those bits to choose from could you post a picture of the shape of the one you used or describe it.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The diamond part is 1/8 diameter X 5/16 long. Just follow the angle of the tooth. Not to insult you, but some people may not know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom