Cheapest place to get a hot water tank?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The store over here in okc is great, im there 2-3 times a week at least(for work). We buy enough stuff there i have gotten to know the guy who runs the sales there and if i ever need something i get it at the same price as my work does which is cost + 7%

Prophet , why dont you get with the OP and get him the hookups since you guys are close?

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prophet , why dont you get with the OP and get him the hookups since you guys are close?
I dont do HVAC any more i do sheet metal and custom fab. metal work now and my post was referring to the lamptons in okc, but if your going to go to locke supply go to the one on 240, those guys will treat you right and help you get everything you need.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all my Internet detective work, Bradford White is the standout. My local Locke Supply sells a good, medium-sized model for $300, same price as the bad deals at big box stores.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Theres a class action suit against them cause of their flame out system.

thats been going on for 5+ years i told them we (plumbers) couldve told them 6 or 7 years ago they were having issues but they are turds on the phone, they dont give a crap about customer service....

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
act like you are a licensed plumber and they will treat you like one.
act like you are a retail customer... guess what they treat you like one with higher prices.

it dont work that way with locke, winnelson, ferguson,ect(plumbing supply stores)... you have to have a account with them to get your "plumber prices"...acting dont work when it comes to getting "contractor pricing"...:sorry4:

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
thats been going on for 5+ years i told them we (plumbers) couldve told them 6 or 7 years ago they were having issues but they are turds on the phone, they dont give a crap about customer service....

They dont have to provide good customer service . They are dealing with the big box stores and selling thousands of units. Why would they care what you or I think about their products?

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go tankless! While renovating our current house, we opted for tank-less instead of a tank style water heater. It's cheaper to run and takes up a WHOLE lot less space. We are using a Bosch and love it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom