Chili Peppers to play BOK Center - Not sure IGAF?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a time I would have been all over these tickets like a Jerry Sandusky on a cubscout, but their last two albums and radio fodder has about burnt holes in my brain. If I hear LIPSTICK JUNKIE DEBUNK THE ALL-IN-ONE SHE CAME BACK WEARIN A SMILE one more time I might kick a puppy. I don't know. Their funk just seems to have been compromised to me. They fouled up tha funk, man. When I hear a new Chili Peppers song on the radio I just picture a senile Keidis looking like Iggy Pop and spitting out random words while wearing straight jacket in the hospital Cuckoo's Nest was filmed in. But that's just me.

But after all, I am what I am. Most Chili Peppers don't give a damn.

Regardless I'm sure it will be a fun show for anyone who's going. Gotta love The Peppers; they put out some seriously rock-solid albums and lots of them. Hell I may even change my mind between now and ticket sale day. If Frusciante was still playing with them I'd go even if I had to hear the silly raindance song. What says OSA???

Iconic rock act Red Hot Chili Peppers announced Monday that its first U.S. tour in four years will roll through Tulsa's BOK Center at 7:30 p.m. March 13.

The show is all ages. Tickets go on sale 10 a.m. Saturday, BOK Center management announced. Janelle Monae will open.

Tickets are $37.50 and $57.50, plus fees, and will be available at tulsaworld.com/bok, Arby's Box Office, all Tickets.com outlets or by calling 866-7-BOKCTR.

The group's 10th studio album, "I'm With You," debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart earlier this year. Last week, it earned a Grammy nomination for best rock album. Its first single, "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie," hit No. 1 on Modern Rock Radio.

The band's most popular hits include "Suck My Kiss," "Give It Away," "Under the Bridge," "Breaking the Girl," "Soul to Squeeze," "Scar Tissue," "Higher Ground," "Universally Speaking," "Otherside," "Fight Like a Brave," "Knock Me Down" and "Dani California."

Red Hot Chili Peppers formed in Los Angeles in 1983 and became a formidable and influential addition to the rock 'n' roll landscape with its bass-driven, rap-, funk- and punk-infused style. The group has sold more than 60 million albums and won six Grammy awards.

Last week, the band announced a March 15 show at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=269&articleid=20111206_269_D3_CUTLIN533426

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a time I would have been all over these tickets like a Jerry Sandusky on a cubscout, but their last two albums and radio fodder has about burnt holes in my brain. If I hear LIPSTICK JUNKIE DEBUNK THE ALL-IN-ONE SHE CAME BACK WEARIN A SMILE one more time I might kick a puppy. I don't know. Their funk just seems to have been compromised to me. They fouled up tha funk, man. When I hear a new Chili Peppers song on the radio I just picture a senile Keidis looking like Iggy Pop and spitting out random words while wearing straight jacket in the hospital Cuckoo's Nest was filmed in. But that's just me.

But after all, I am what I am. Most Chili Peppers don't give a damn.
Regardless I'm sure it will be a fun show for anyone who's going. Gotta love The Peppers; they put out some seriously rock-solid albums and lots of them. Hell I may even change my mind between now and ticket sale day. If Frusciante was still playing with them I'd go even if I had to hear the silly raindance song. What says OSA???

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=269&articleid=20111206_269_D3_CUTLIN533426
I agree. They went down hill after B.S.S.M

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So they will sing a few songs about California and then some songs about California. Oh yeah, don't forget that other song about California and then that new one about California. And then there's the song about how awesome California is and that other song about how awesome California is. Wait a second, I'm noticing a trend here...

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a couple RHCP songs I like, but for the most part they're just eh to me. Not that I hate them, I just don't care for their sound. Their most annoying song to me is Californication, which is funny considering it has one of my favorite song lyrics ever -- "Space may be the final frontier, but it's made in a Hollywood basement."

Latest posts

Top Bottom