Chorizo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cook it up, mix it with cream cheese and stuff jalapenos with it. Wrap in bacon, dust them with rub and smoke til the bacon is crispy. Good with eggs and cheese in breakfast tacos, goes well with other stuff in food. I've never eaten it by itself with something.
That sounds amazing!

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zachary's Pizza in Berkeley, Chorizo y Papas.... Woohoo!!! Zachary's Chicago Pizza | North Berkeley CA | Alameda County

20220828_192617.jpg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kid you not out of 1 lb of the stuff I bet I had about 1 tablespoon of meat after the grease was allowed to drain off to the side.

1 Tablespoon is being generous.
Not a good flavor either so as others have stated get the good stuff.
It sure looked spicy and good in the package.

And I am not a picky person as you guys may know.
Mine came from Buy For Less on sw29th and May. They sell chicken feet there also.
Next time you go, if they have the marinated/seasoned pork short ribs in the meat display, I highly suggest them. I used to get them from the buy for less off 36th and MacArthur when it was open. I would just wrap them in foil and throw them in the oven while I was grilling carne asada and the usual fixings. Fantastic stuff.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I removed it from the casing and it was just greasy mush and really not all that much flavor.

I think you guys are correct I got some junk.
I have a cabinet full of all kinds of spices because I cook all kinds of meat and I much prefer ground wild game I spice up myself.

But you gotta try everything at least once.
I'm with you. The Chorizo in the store was 90% fat. Very little meat product.
When I looked at the ingredients, it was eye opening.
Lymph glands, junk meat and so on.
Love the flavor when cooked into foods in restaurants, but the stuff I found was really bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom