Chorizo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great with eggs and in burritos. melt a bunch of Mexican white melting cheese into it and you’ll have some of the best queso you’ll ever eat. Chorizo definitely is one of those things where bad chorizo is nothing like good chorizo. A lot of the cheap stuff is 80% seasoning and fat, 20% meat. Typically with cooking chorizo I have found that its great for adding a lot of flavor to things, not so much if you want to actually add meat to a dish. Some looks at it as a bad thing, some look at it as a great thing.

I like dropping it into a pan, cook it up, and then scramble a few eggs into it. Once everybody is nice and fluffy, throw it onto a plate with some warm tortillas and some sour cream on the side, and enjoy. Fantastic breakfast, and a nice break from the usual.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a bunch of different chorizos - the kind @swampratt bought is mass-produced mush. Others are more like hamburger - ground pork with spices.

Some is greasy, some not, some has a red tint , some browns up like beef. If it's good, it's good. I eat a ton of it.
If you live in Tulsa, get your Chorizo from Burn Co….. if you live near Skiatook go to Sausage Brothers it’s the same product

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I removed it from the casing and it was just greasy mush and really not all that much flavor.

I think you guys are correct I got some junk.
I have a cabinet full of all kinds of spices because I cook all kinds of meat and I much prefer ground wild game I spice up myself.

But you gotta try everything at least once.

Latest posts

Top Bottom