Christmas Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just made plans to put up Christmas lights at work. :grumble:

Here is the email I sent to management:

"I talked to Jesus this morning about putting up Christmas Lights. He said he would charge 25 dollars per tree and 40 dollars each for the canopies. 280.00 total.
I guess I'll go shopping today if I can get free and buy some lights. I still have all of last years lights, maybe I can use some to help offset the money they charge for labor.
Is the week of the 14th too soon to put these up?"

It is kinda funny since our grounds contractor is named Jesus. (Hey - sus)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of my neighbors already have theirs up...a younger, less risk-averse version of me would be getting drunk, dressing in black, and pulling them down tonight.....

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just made plans to put up Christmas lights at work. :grumble:

Here is the email I sent to management:

"I talked to Jesus this morning about putting up Christmas Lights. He said he would charge 25 dollars per tree and 40 dollars each for the canopies. 280.00 total.
I guess I'll go shopping today if I can get free and buy some lights. I still have all of last years lights, maybe I can use some to help offset the money they charge for labor.
Is the week of the 14th too soon to put these up?"

It is kinda funny since our grounds contractor is named Jesus. (Hey - sus)

LOL. I'll bet the ones who didn't know the grounds contractors name are already wadded up about it.

Some of my neighbors already have theirs up...a younger, less risk-averse version of me would be getting drunk, dressing in black, and pulling them down tonight.....

Ya, The lady across the street from me just put hers up yesteday. I prefer to wait until after Thanksgiving. Even though Christmas is my favorite, I have a policy of one holiday at a time.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
LOL. I'll bet the ones who didn't know the grounds contractors name are already wadded up about it.

Ya, The lady across the street from me just put hers up yesteday. I prefer to wait until after Thanksgiving. Even though Christmas is my favorite, I have a policy of one holiday at a time.

They put a Christmas tree up at waaaamart the day after halloween! Too early!

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i34.photobucket.com_albums_d108_Zmechanic_turkey.png

That's how I feel about it. I'm not messing with Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Crap is getting outta hand. Pretty soon, they'll start stocking Christmas decorations around the 4th of July. Come on, people! :disappoin

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These neighbors you guys speak of, are they just putting them up or are they turning them on, too?

Putting them up before it gets bone-chilling cold outside is one thing, but it's too early to be cranking the switch on already.

The lady cross the street had hers on last night, otherwise I wouldn't have even known they were up already.

She had more than the usual amount of people over there doing work in the house and I didn't even notice the ones who came to put up the lights. She's an older woman, lives by herself in a huge house and CONSTANTLY has people over there working. Plumbers, carpenters, landscaping, sprinkler guys, etc... I seriously think she has some kind of home improvement hypochondria.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lady cross the street had hers on last night, otherwise I wouldn't have even known they were up already.

She had more than the usual amount of people over there doing work in the house and I didn't even notice the ones who came to put up the lights. She's an older woman, lives by herself in a huge house and CONSTANTLY has people over there working. Plumbers, carpenters, landscaping, sprinkler guys, etc... I seriously think she has some kind of home improvement hypochondria.

Probably just lonely. Go say Hi!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know Hobby Lobby had their Christmas decorations out by the first of Oct... not sure how long they had been up before that as I don't go in there often.

Lowe's put up Christmas trees and some decorations early in Oct, too.

I am thinking I might try to get out next week and put lights up, since we've never really done much in that respect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom