Chuck House

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chuck House was highly recommended by several people so we gave it a try...I don't understand the hype. The chicken fried steak was ok but pretty bland. Tasted like pretty much every restaurant CFS I've tried, wasn't good but wasn't bad. My homemade CFS would make you do flips if you think Chuck House is that good.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chuck House was highly recommended by several people so we gave it a try...I don't understand the hype. The chicken fried steak was ok but pretty bland. Tasted like pretty much every restaurant CFS I've tried, wasn't good but wasn't bad. My homemade CFS would make you do flips if you think Chuck House is that good.

I'm more than happy to do a taste test.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, HMFIC, your wish is my command, as long as you can wait until tomorrow. I will go and consume one. CH is just up the street from work and I try and make it there at least once a week. Tomorrow sounds like a good day for a chicken fry.

Once a week! I could only dream of having it that often.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chuck House was highly recommended by several people so we gave it a try...I don't understand the hype. The chicken fried steak was ok but pretty bland. Tasted like pretty much every restaurant CFS I've tried, wasn't good but wasn't bad.

I agree. For $5-$6, you won't find a better CFS deal as I believe theirs comes with two sides and maybe even a drink, but it's far from the best CFS in the universe. I've never had homemade CFS, so my #1 vote goes to Texas Roadhouse.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You sir suck .. I left OKC 13 years ago and I can honestly say that is the one thing I have not found an equal to in Tulsa . I had almost forgotten about Chuckhouse its Chicken Fry steak sandwiches its Okie burger its wonderful disregard for fat calories or grease. Sweet Jebus I hope they are open Christmas EVE because now I must have lol ...

Yo- Bigmak: Go to the Brook diner on S. Peoria on Brookside. Best Chicken Fried Steak on the PLANET. ANd you heard it from me first.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I agree about Chuck House. After all the hype the wife and I tried the one in Edmond and were not impressed at all. I prefer Ann's or Del Rancho over Upchuck House. :D

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody remember Pistol's in Del City? They had some very good and large Chicken Fried Steak Sandwiches. I remember them sticking out 2" from the bun all the way around and covering the plate when I was kid. I remember them being very good.

Dave

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody remember Pistol's in Del City? They had some very good and large Chicken Fried Steak Sandwiches. I remember them sticking out 2" from the bun all the way around and covering the plate when I was kid. I remember them being very good.

Dave

Pistol's had a Del Rancho Background. They owned a Del Rancho franchise about a 1/4 mile west of there on the South side of 15th. They closed the Del Rancho about the same time or a bit after building the new Pistol's and the Pistol's menu was mostly Del Rancho driven. Great Place, I miss it.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, HMFIC, your wish is my command, as long as you can wait until tomorrow. I will go and consume one. CH is just up the street from work and I try and make it there at least once a week. Tomorrow sounds like a good day for a chicken fry.

Whooohooo!! Take pics! My salivary glands are already pumping.

It's tough to beat that scrumptious breading sweetheart. If you can top that, then we've got a meal to setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom