Classifieds are slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it isn't the weather. It's a nice fall we're having this May as a matter of fact LOL.

Something changed. Some of it started changing before you bought it, but it's really picked up since then.

Good luck with your endeavors.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All interesting points. I don't begrudge anyone making money, but the site has lost some of its local flavor for some reason. That's what I'm speaking to. It was far from neglected before, but it sure seems traffic is down now. Maybe that's just perception.

So, you bought this site yourself, you don't run it for Vertical Scope?

If it is anything like my other forum it's completely normal. It gets nice outside and people vanish, usually bottoming out in August/September and peaking in January.

I'm gonna be working on improving things and trying to get a unique feel back to the place. I'd love to have yours and everyone else's help but a couple folks are going to have to lose this attitude of contempt towards me when I'm just trying to help. To read some of the **** written about me you'd think I was secretly Michael Bloomberg or something.

Yes, I own okshooters.com free and clear and I work for no one. Vertical Scope is just an advertising company that I use who is friendly towards gun sites (there are not many of those around.) They do own some sites but they do not own anything I am affiliated with.

I agree that the site has lost some of its local flavor for whatever reason. Back when I joined OSA a lot of folks talked about how OSA was a community of like minded people. It still can be; the site will be what the membership makes of it. I have made a lot of good deals here, and made several friends too. I have also learned a great deal.

Personally, I think the changes Okuma Steve has made are for the most part pretty good. For example, being able to easily upload pics without having to use the accursed Photobucket. That makes it easier; for me anyway. He has been responsive to requests; for example, not long ago the "classifieds" were at the top. Several folks including me (I think) asked that they be moved to the bottom. Bingo, no problem. I do not agree that people should be allowed to post in the classifieds without being an "established" member or having a certain post count, like it used to be, but it's not something that is going to drive me away. I can still choose who I want to deal with after all.

There was an upheaval awhile back where some folks got their knickers wadded up in their butt crack and left to go start their own thing. Some of them still use the classifieds despite publicly announcing their disdain for OSA. Here's my take: I'm gonna keep on being an OSA member, posting stuff around, reading, cussin' and discussin', perusing the classifieds when I want to, and continuing to try to make the sense of local flavor and community come back. I like this site. There's a lot of us here who may have never met in person but we know each other by our comments and posts and by our feedback. It can be a strong community again if we make it so.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait, the name of Lurker Disciples Online is censored now? Bwahahaha.

**********ok

i'm ok

That's too much.

LOL. Yeah I remember Lurker had a site. For some reason I thought it had gone down and now I have no idea what the name is. It had some real weird name. Oh well. Oh wait I think I remember now.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Growing pains. That's what this is. It's just like getting a new boss at work. Things feel uneasy and awkward until you get used to each other and get a trust and understanding established. This is a process that takes much longer when there is no face to face contact to give a personal read of the person/people involved. And remember, this goes both ways. Steve has so far been very willing to listen to the members and has made multiple changes in direct response to members requests (mine included). That being said, I understand that at times there are technical limitations and also situations where not everyone is going to be happy.

I think in time, and with continuing sincere feedback, it will leave things in a place better than it was before.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I participate here on OSA, DefensiveCarry, 1911forum, GlockTalk, Waltherforums, and flirted with Bartertown. There's not very many members over there though, and most seem to float between B-town and OSA except for the haters. I'm just tired of hearing about all the BS; Dennis is good to go in my view, if some fool started making accusations about my service, it would be on. I think B-town is off my checklist for now. Seems like it's just a handful of people posting back and forth among each other. Now if you wanna learn something, Waltherforums is very good, if you like old Walthers, like Leighton and I do. 1911forums is full of good info. DefensiveCarry has a lot of new guys, but also lot of sensible people who know forearms. GlockTalk is ...well, it's okay, an awful lot of posting there about what a wonderful day they had with their new Glock kinds of posts. Or how poorly the pistol performed. (It couldn't possibly be an operator malfunction, surely).

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I participate here on OSA, DefensiveCarry, 1911forum, GlockTalk, Waltherforums, and flirted with Bartertown. There's not very many members over there though, and most seem to float between B-town and OSA except for the haters. I'm just tired of hearing about all the BS; Dennis is good to go in my view, if some fool started making accusations about my service, it would be on. I think B-town is off my checklist for now. Seems like it's just a handful of people posting back and forth among each other. Now if you wanna learn something, Waltherforums is very good, if you like old Walthers, like Leighton and I do. 1911forums is full of good info. DefensiveCarry has a lot of new guys, but also lot of sensible people who know forearms. GlockTalk is ...well, it's okay, an awful lot of posting there about what a wonderful day they had with their new Glock kinds of posts. Or how poorly the pistol performed. (It couldn't possibly be an operator malfunction, surely).

Those glock keep shooting left...

Latest posts

Top Bottom