Clinton, Where to eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! How can the largest town in western Oklahoma have such limited food options? So did things go down hill after Pop Hicks closed down? Maybe I need to return to my birthplace and the Home of The Red Tornadoes and open an OSA worthy restaurant.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! How can the largest town in western Oklahoma have such limited food options? So did things go down hill after Pop Hicks closed down? Maybe I need to return to my birthplace and the Home of The Red Tornadoes and open an OSA worthy restaurant.

I forgot about Pop Hicks. I went in there one day with some guys. I did not eat. They had two fish tanks that were green, mold in the bathroom floor, and it stunk like death. All the years of grease build up caught up with them. It burned to the ground. The only place at Clinton I stop at now, is Big Red Pawn. If I am hungry, I will grab a snack at a quick stop.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The absolute best place to eat in Clinton is the White Dog. It used to be the old country club (and I mean old) Great atmosphere and good wine/beer selection. It is on 66 just West of the Cherokee Trading Post about a mile. They have a great menu and their food is amazing. Best steaks around, but I usually get the game hen and a cheese plate.

I like Jiggs. I love the jerky. Yea, it's tougher than boot leather but it's smoked and the flavor is unbeatable. The Pig sickle is bad, tastes like a mcRib. The Wooly Burger is awesome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom