Closest I've ever come to thinking I might need to use my carry...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
IMO a boat is no different than a car and if my family was walking in a parking lot and some jackass began circling us and coming towards us a a threatening manner, I damn sure would have considered putting one through the windshield if I thought they were going to hit a family member. Would I be justified in doing so? Who knows. But I know I wouldn't wait until they ran a family member over to decided.

Glad you didn't need it. But glad you also had the frame of mind to know you could if you needed to.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand how a bow fishing boat would be annoying. I bank fish for catfish a lot and sit in mostly dark. The bow fishing boats come a long with bright lights aimed at the water. I flash my light at them when they are about 50 yards away and they move wide and around. Now wake boarding boats with music blaring annoy the crap out of me.

It's cause we run generators and our light are really bright usually. Plus the fact we are out late at night. Typically the trouble comes from lake houses and people being pissed about us driving around their docks at night. Bowfishermen get harassed a lot....
I know of several who've been shot at by pissed off people.
But this guy was trying to tell us our light were illegal and thought he could force us to turn them off.

IMO a boat is no different than a car and if my family was walking in a parking lot and some jackass began circling us and coming towards us a a threatening manner, I damn sure would have considered putting one through the windshield if I thought they were going to hit a family member. Would I be justified in doing so? Who knows. But I know I wouldn't wait until they ran a family member over to decided.

Glad you didn't need it. But glad you also had the frame of mind to know you could if you needed to.

Exactly
It just like any other vehicle, except in this case you also have the problem with drowning. Sadly my buddy who is my age can't swim at all LOL
But endanger me and my friends and I'll do what I have to.
If we'd of been in out big 2072 high deck boat we'd of probably just laughed at them. But we took the small boat out that night.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kinda slow but at what point did you ever think you were gonna have to give them one to the hip? Based on what you've self reported I'm not viewing any part of this situation as requiring even the thought of the use of lethal force. Unless the people on the other boat were after the jugs on your hugs. Then that's different.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm kinda slow but at what point did you ever think you were gonna have to give them one to the hip? Based on what you've self reported I'm not viewing any part of this situation as requiring even the thought of the use of lethal force. Unless the people on the other boat were after the jugs on your hugs. Then that's different.

He was concerned about them swamping his boat. That they meant to deep six him.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This. I would have been scared to death. I'm glad that other boat showed up when it did. And I'm glad you are all okay. Like the security guard at Sam's told me the other day "It's a Brave New World out there anymore." :disappoin I did not have my gun on me that day. THAT will never happen again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom