Closest I've ever come to thinking I might need to use my carry...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
...you have to just let him do it or ask him to stop and risk confrontation to where the prosecutor says "...so and so shot so and so for checking his jug lines..." Even if the bad guy threatened you when you caught him...it won't matter.

So if you are carrying and some guy flips you off in traffic, and you CHOOSE to flip him off back, and it leads to him attacking, then you might not be off the hook if you shoot him because you chose to escalate while you were armed. Isn't that the way the law is setup?

Depending on the level of threat and assuming the perp has a weapon, you would be well within your right to defend yourself. It is my understand of the self defense law, that if you are legally allowed to be where you are at, you have no obligation to retreat.

And to address your last comment, I am not aware that if you return the middle finger to someone, that gives then rights to whoop your ass without you being able to defend yourself up to and including deadly force if you fear for your life.

Hopefully I will never have to defend myself in either one of those situations. But I can tell you this, dead men don't talk.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if you don't have cell phone service your phone will still show, with a date/time stamp, that you attempted to call 911. As for someone saying not everyone has a cell phone, to that I say, poppycock! There are still plenty of street corner & parking lot vendors that can get you an Obama phone for free.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad everything turned out OK. I can definitely see how you thought about pulling your piece. I agree that a boat is no different than a car. A car circling my family would make me thunk about shooting. And a boat is really dangerous especially when idiots are involved. Could have caused the boat to sink and someone could have easily died.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one thing is for certain.....none of us was there except Allout. I have learned over the years that we cannot armchair quarterback these things. Altercations always seem to happen when you least expect it and the only one to judge or reassess how they responded to a situation (except the jury) is the person(s) involved. Many factors come into play that are specific to the individual....physical capabilities, negotiation skills, previous involvement and experiences in physical and verbal disagreements, etc. The one thing I can say is that anyone who carries a weapon should remain aware of the fact that they are armed. It's a tremendous responsibility to have a weapon with you and one should alway be in an aware and ready state of mind. I am just glad it ended well for all parties. Chances are the morons just had too much to drink and hopefully thought better of it the next morning...

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AllOut, sounds like your thought would be identical to mine in that situation!

Now, to point out the DOUBLE STANDARD....... If that drunk wakeboard driver did that to Lake Patrol, what do you think would happen?

Latest posts

Top Bottom