CNBC Attack on Remington

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uh, Festus, answer your own ? If the gun hadn't gone off inadvertently, you wouldn't have fallen and bumped yr melon, would you?

So if he had of failed to wear a harness and broke his leg on the way down he should be able to sue Remmington for falling out of the tree due to his own neglect for safety?

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai54.photobucket.com_albums_g109_Leaheydvm_srslyguys.jpg

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unlike many here, I watched the whole thing. Seemed pretty straightforward to me, though I don't see left wing plots wherever I look, unlike some.

Well duh. It was a negative story on CNBC about a gun company. There HAS to be a left wing conspiracy in there somewhere! But, if Fox would have run this story then of course we could believe it was legitimate then.

But really, Remington knows about the defect for ages, many people have reported it, and they just tried to cover it up instead of fixing it. Then the rifle fires without pulling the trigger killing a young boy and all some of guys want to do is blame the mother. I know she could have practiced a little better gun safety and pointed the gun to the ground but I'm sure she thought she had the gun pointed in a safe direction. There are two mistakes here: the mother made an honest error that could happen to anybody and Remington made a decision to disregard the safety of their customers just to save a few bucks. And some of you guys are bagging on the mother!!! :screwy:

I'm not saying she was without fault, but her mistake is nothing compared to the mistake that Remington made. The bad thing is she is the one who has to live with fact that she shot and killed her son. I honestly can't think of a worse thing that could happen to a person. I hope they nail Remington to the wall and everyone who was involved in this process is fired. I can't even imagine living with the thought of shooting and killing your own child.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll check this out. Remington's response is in there somewhere. I find it awful high on fluff and lacking any detail what so ever. But that's me, make your own judgement.

http://www.remington700.tv/#/home

Thanks for that link. They didn't even attempt to address their issues and only tried to discredit their accusers. Makes me pretty skeptical.......

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't get this sentiment. Just because its a possible known defect why does all of the responsibility suddenly shift to someone else, someone who had no control over where the weapon was pointed? If this was due to a random fluke, like something in the gun broke due to old age or for some other unknown reason, who would be to blame then?

The fact that the gun went off, if it was due to a known manufacturer defect, lies with the gun company, no question. But the fact that someone got hurt or killed by the gun going off lies with the person pointing the gun. Thats why she's getting bagged on.

It all follows the old addage, "Guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people"

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't get this sentiment. Just because its a possible known defect why does all of the responsibility suddenly shift to someone else, someone who had no control over where the weapon was pointed? If this was due to a random fluke, like something in the gun broke due to old age or for some other unknown reason, who would be to blame then?

The fact that the gun went off, if it was due to a known manufacturer defect, lies with the gun company, no question. But the fact that someone got hurt or killed by the gun going off lies with the person pointing the gun. Thats why she's getting bagged on.

It all follows the old addage, "Guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people"

We just need people to learn that the thing about guns is you just never know when they're gonna go off.

Let The Buyer Beware. Good message there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom