Coburn sold us out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The votes were just for opening it for debate. If only one senator wants to discuss it, they have to discuss it - up to 30 hours. If they get finished with the debates and all are in favor, they can vote for Senate passage.

One problem we'll see now, there's gonna be all kinds of amendments trying to be added to it - mag capacity limits, "assault weapons" ban, etc.

They really need to stay on their toes or a lot of BS is gonna take place. We're at a very critical point.

Sent from HT's iPad using Tapatalk HD

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One problem we'll see now, there's gonna be all kinds of amendments trying to be added to it - mag capacity limits, "assault weapons" ban, etc.
That's not a problem--that's the best thing that could happen to it. Not only will the House reject it outright, but it will almost certainly not get enough votes for the Senate to pass it. That's why Reid was keeping Diane Lamebrain's measures out of the bill in the first place.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Since he has pledged to not seek reelection, it will be easy for him to show his true colors. He is also known to hold bills he believes are unconstitutional, yet he votes to allow this one to come up for debate.

WhiskeyPapa

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't think many understand this process. Filibuster is simply unlimited debate. It is a tactic used by a Senator to keep a bill from going to vote. Something they used to do was stand up there and read names from a phone book!
What Cloture does is stop that and forces a vote. A petition by 16 Senators is required for a vote of Cloture and 60 votes are required to pass it. After passage each Senator then has 1 hour each for debate THEN a vote must take place. In order for a Bill to become law it must pass both the House and Senate in IDENTICAL forms. If they do not they must go through the process all over again.

lilboots

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally i want it to be voted on so we can see how each of them vote, then we know who to go after in the next election. I am in the camp that he is calling the Dems bluff. They have ran off at the mouth since December, now its time to back up all the crap they are spewing.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Personally i want it to be voted on so we can see how each of them vote, then we know who to go after in the next election.

Yep, I remember people saying the same thing when Obama Care was being debated. People said the same thing and look what that got us. The way Obama Care was shoved down our throat should be reason enough to never vote "yes" for anything remotely close to allowing a full vote.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once again...THIS WHOLE $&@ING process is unconscionable. You don't get to alter, infringe, change, reinterpret, or even vote on the bill of rights! YOU GO THROUGH AN AMMENDMENT PROCESS. That's what is supposed to protect them. It's not supposed to be a simple as passing a law!!!!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check the 2A forum... supposedly he voted to allow it to the floor for debate and vote, so everyone who supports it would be on record. They think they can defeat it. AND, that is the only way to make the entire contents of the bill known to all?

I dunno...

Sucks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom