Cold Tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched the weather on channel 9 last night. Weather babe kept going on about "HOW COLD" it was going to get. It made me think of the -16 degrees a year or so ago and want to call her up and tell her that the predicted temps were not cold at all.

What do you want to bet she believes in global warming?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Was already 32 when stopped planting wheat last night, always bizarro to have the heat on in a tractor lol. Didn't get as cold as they predicted, 28 is as low as it got here.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the news people claim this is about a month early for a frost. I always plan for a frost mid October. Seems I remember it getting cold about this time as a kid- young adult.
I remember one black powder season I was so cold I could barely turn the key in the truck to start it.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can remember not to long ago we had snow on the ground the last day of October and as a kid we always had snow on the ground the first of Dec and lasted all month and then some, now we are lucky to get any in January

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got down to 33 here. Chickens are doing great (after sending several fat possums to the happy hunting ground). Just installed a new high efficiency heater and it's insane how quickly it heats up now compared to the 1980's model we had before.

well, that's enough winter for me. I'm ready for spring!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know how cold it got here last night but it's a nice cool 56° inside as I sit here sipping coffee.

I love the cooler weather. Slept like a baby.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how cold it got here last night but it's a nice cool 56° inside as I sit here sipping coffee.

I love the cooler weather. Slept like a baby.

If it was up to me it would be in the 50s in the bedroom at night. Wife would kill me though. If it was up to her it would be in the 80s in the bedroom at night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom