College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think you're missing the backstory. Lots of people were poopoo'ing the kid because he flipped last minute. That's what I thought you were talking about, not OU specifically.
Yeah I knew zero about him or his story until I read your post.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am very excited for OU next year. I think coach Venables and his staff has done an excellent job recruiting. Especially with a 6-6 season. BOOMER!!!
If you look at the defensive failures late in the season, a lot of those plays weren't outright busts--the players were in position to make the plays, they just didn't get the job done. That tells me the defensive scheme and coaching are solid, and they just need to get better players on the field. If these new players live up to their billing, the defense should be significantly improved next year.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Good addition. OSU game last night was way better than I expected. I honestly didn't know if they would even be able to score.
I truly don't know why teams with as many losses as OSU and OU had this year get to play in bowl games. I know it's for the money but not much fun to watch for me anyway. Here's to a better year next year for both.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I truly don't know why teams with as many losses as OSU and OU had this year get to play in bowl games. I know it's for the money but not much fun to watch for me anyway. Here's to a better year next year for both.
43 bowl games, so 86 of the 129 or 125 D1 teams. I can't remember how many there are. Got to be pretty poor not to make a bowl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom