College Grad Not Liking the 40hr Work Week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had one 40 hour a week job in my life. The rest average between 55 and 65 hours a week. My all time record was 135 hours on the clock for one week, that month I worked all 30 days, the other 3 weeks I averaged 100 hours a week.

Nothing wrong with not wanting to work 40 hours a week, I would just go fishing or hunting all day if I could rather than working. But ya gotta do what you gotta do. Typically that includes a 40 hour workweek or more. She’s gonna have a hard time in life.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had one 40 hour a week job in my life. The rest average between 55 and 65 hours a week. My all time record was 135 hours on the clock for one week, that month I worked all 30 days, the other 3 weeks I averaged 100 hours a week.

Nothing wrong with not wanting to work 40 hours a week, I would just go fishing or hunting all day if I could rather than working. But ya gotta do what you gotta do. Typically that includes a 40 hour workweek or more. She’s gonna have a hard time in life.

She wants a 20 hr a week job that pays $200k. I knew a bunch like her. They'd also like a title.

What they want is the pay, respect and position equal to those that have been on the job for 25+ years, and they want it on day one. You know what's worse, some corporations are allowing that to happen. It doesn't sit well with the rest of the work force however. I don't know when it's going to bite them, but it will.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She wants a 20 hr a week job that pays $200k. I knew a bunch like her. They'd also like a title.

What they want is the pay, respect and position equal to those that have been on the job for 25+ years, and they want it on day one. You know what's worse, some corporations are allowing that to happen. It doesn't sit well with the rest of the work force however. I don't know when it's going to bite them, but it will.
She should apply for a job with the UAW. Isn't that about what the UAW wants for all of their workers? 40% increase over the next 5 years plus a 32 hour work week if I remember correctly.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

She should apply for a job with the UAW. Isn't that about what the UAW wants for all of their workers? 40% increase over the next 5 years plus a 32 hour work week if I remember correctly.

I don’t know about ya’ll, but I would do some pretty horrific/disgusting/degrading things to make 200k a year working 20 hours a week.

Oh and titles are crap. I don’t understand why everybody wants a title or some special identifier these days. I’m perfectly happy with being Mr. Chit with a full wallet at the end of the day.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Oh and titles are crap. I don’t understand why everybody wants a title or some special identifier these days.
Titles are leverage used internally in the corporate world for salary increases and looked upon favorably in the world of resumes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom