Come get your girl.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont know, Google
Top Ten crazy laws in OK

Illegal to take a bite of someones hamburger.
Illegal to go in a bar and act like your having sex with a buffalo
Spitting on the sidewalk is a crime...
More than 3 dogs congregating in public requires a permit signed by the Mayor...
Some funny stuff

That's everywhere unfortunately. I know somewhere in Arkansas it's still on the books that any non horse drawn vehicle must stop at an intersection fire a shotgun in the air and loudly announce that a car is coming or something to that effect. I knew someone who told me about it and started doing just that when the local police decided to act like a jerk over some other stupid law and enforce it though it shouldn't have been on the books.

The three dogs congregating could be fun to exploit though. Get a prepaid burner phone and call the cops up every time you see three dogs together to inform them they didn't have a permit.... Same goes for when you see someone spitting on the sidewalks. I always say there is never a cop around when you need one (no offense to our law enforcement members) and that the laws on the books should be enforced but if we don't inform them of the infractions how are they going to fix the problems? This should go triple in CA and the other blue states that keep doing stupid crap.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont know, Google
Top Ten crazy laws in OK

Illegal to take a bite of someones hamburger.
Illegal to go in a bar and act like your having sex with a buffalo
Spitting on the sidewalk is a crime...
More than 3 dogs congregating in public requires a permit signed by the Mayor...
Some funny stuff

Did search by that phrase. I also found this little gem, but pay attention to the very first paragraphs. It may apply to all of those other links.

It's Illegal - Cursing and Eavesdropping Among Some of Oklahoma's Weird Laws

First paragraphs:

"We've seen the lists out there about weird Oklahoma laws and tried to verify them but had a hard time finding the actual law on the books.

So in our time sifting through real Oklahoma laws, we came up with some of the weirdest and outdated Oklahoma state laws."

That all said, I do remember seeing a statute forbidding one from racing their horse through alleyways.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's everywhere unfortunately. I know somewhere in Arkansas it's still on the books that any non horse drawn vehicle must stop at an intersection fire a shotgun in the air and loudly announce that a car is coming or something to that effect. I knew someone who told me about it and started doing just that when the local police decided to act like a jerk over some other stupid law and enforce it though it shouldn't have been on the books.

The three dogs congregating could be fun to exploit though. Get a prepaid burner phone and call the cops up every time you see three dogs together to inform them they didn't have a permit.... Same goes for when you see someone spitting on the sidewalks. I always say there is never a cop around when you need one (no offense to our law enforcement members) and that the laws on the books should be enforced but if we don't inform them of the infractions how are they going to fix the problems? This should go triple in CA and the other blue states that keep doing stupid crap.
dog parks comes to mind...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did search by that phrase. I also found this little gem, but pay attention to the very first paragraphs. It may apply to all of those other links.

It's Illegal - Cursing and Eavesdropping Among Some of Oklahoma's Weird Laws

First paragraphs:

"We've seen the lists out there about weird Oklahoma laws and tried to verify them but had a hard time finding the actual law on the books.

So in our time sifting through real Oklahoma laws, we came up with some of the weirdest and outdated Oklahoma state laws."

That all said, I do remember seeing a statute forbidding one from racing their horse through alleyways.
This one is so ironic...
Publishing a lie in the newspaper is a criminal offense
So this one was a bit perplexing, because it seems unconstitutional.

This criminalizes libel more or less, which is a civil matter normally.

Though we know what you're thinking: "All reporters/politicians/lawyers would be in jail."

We beat you to it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps you should read it. In the meantime I’d suggest you carry a sharp stick instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do not need a stick or a gun on me unless I am hunting so that is the reason I have not read the law.
I get asked by people what the law is I tell them I do not know..Now I do with the assistance of fellow OSA members.

Latest posts

Top Bottom