what's up with this mustache girl commercial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me the message is that it's a catchy little diddy, and that's all. :)
It’s just a nice message of empowerment and self worth. She’s wanting to remove her facial hair because she’s probably embarrassed by it but then she sees the likenesses of Frida Kahlo and Freddie Mercury, two famous people who rocked a ‘stache and then decides to be celebrate herself and her looks.
How is that not a good message to our children??
I swear some of you guys act so phobic I almost think y’all have a thing for trannys

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s just a nice message of empowerment and self worth. She’s wanting to remove her facial hair because she’s probably embarrassed by it but then she sees the likenesses of Frida Kahlo and Freddie Mercury, two famous people who rocked a ‘stache and then decides to be celebrate herself and her looks.
I swear some of you guys act so phobic I almost think y’all have a thing for trannys
It’s kind of like what a cabinetmaker I know says about flaws in the wood—if you can’t hide it, flaunt it. It’s not like they’re saying she’s trans, she just has a feature over which she has no control, and she’s turning it into an asset. I see it as no different than someone who’s missing an eye rocking a fancy eye patch or a wild glass eye, or a person who’s missing a limb having patterns drawn on their prosthesis. Not every defect needs to be hidden.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

How is it a good message?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is it a good message?
It's not designed to make a young girl feel like crap about her natural physical state. Some girls naturally have hirsutism and some have PCOS. Some just have inherited genetic predisposition towards having more visible body hair. If it happens to be blonde on tan skin, people call it "peach fuzz" and it's cute. But if it's dark hair on pale skin it's considered undesirable and has to be eradicated?

I mean I get it. Some days I don't feel like shaving and I'm naturally woolier than I'd prefer to be. But nobody's badgering me and making billions of dollars off me getting rid of it at the first visible signs. So it might not be my preference in attraction that a woman is a bit on the hairier side, but that doesn't mean she isn't attractive to someone else. And like I said, it's a catchy little diddy and I enjoy hearing it when that commercial comes on. To each their own! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom