Confederate flag won't be up for breakfast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton on Tuesday urged all businesses to stop selling products with Confederate flag images, and praised Wal-Mart Stores Inc and other retailers for pulling flag-related items.

The businesses stopped selling the products after last week's racially motivated attack on black worshippers at a church in Charleston. Leaders in South Carolina, including Governor Nikki Haley, have called for a Confederate battle flag to be removed from the State House grounds.

The flag is "a symbol of our nation's racist past that has no place in our present or our future. It shouldn't fly there. It shouldn't fly anywhere," Clinton said in Florissant, a St. Louis suburb near Ferguson, the site of violent protests last year after a young black man was killed by a white policeman.

She commended Wal-Mart for removing products with images of the Confederate flag from its shelves. Clinton served on Wal-Mart's board of directors from 1986 to 1992. "Today, Amazon, eBay and Sears followed suit, and I urge all sellers to do the very same," she said.

"You know and I know that's just the beginning of what we have to do," Clinton said during an appearance at a Florissant church. "Equality, opportunity, civil rights in America are still far from where they need to be."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015...DD20150623?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews

"Just the beginning...."

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is no difference than ICIS destroying the ancient temples and burial grounds in Iraq.
This country has a history. Not everybody likes it, but it's our history.
This backlash about that flag is doing nothing but allowing those with bully pulpits to have a public contest about who is the least racist.
I'll bet if there was a silent vote among the unwashed masses not in public office or looking to be in office, or making money from this, the majority of votes would say the statues should stay.

That flag has a history that should not be "endorsed" by being flown over government property. To me, it's just common sense. You want to wear, tattoo, paint that flag on your body, house, car etc.... Have at it. It just has no place in our current government.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really? A democratically elected governor orders the peaceful removal of a state-owned flag from state property is the same as ICIS blowing up religious monuments in Iraq after taking the city over by force?

Also, how does this do anything to remove or hide the history of the civil war? Last i checked there are still battlefields, cemeteries, reenactments and private displays of the flag that still happen.

You don't have to look hard for discussion of what should happen to the statues and flags. Ole Miss has been dealing with this for decades, with lots of discussion on both sides of the issue.

In fact, Mississippi voted 2-1 in 2001 to keep the stars and bars on the state flag. But, that was 14 years ago and times and opinions change. I don't know which way a vote would go if held today, but that doesn't mean that the people of a state (either directly or through democratically elected representatives) cannot change, alter or remove the symbols of that state.

Perhaps you haven't seen the latest from CNN about removing the Jefferson monument because he had slaves.
George Washington had slaves. Is the Washington monument next?
So my analogy to Isis stands.
Of course it's not going to be torn down but the liberals and republicans on their bully pulpits contest continues.
In Ruffs pictures of the flag that everybody says has to go is a Budweiser and a segrams VO poster. I guess those need to go too.

http://mediaequalizer.com/brian-maloney/2015/06/cnn-take-down-the-jefferson-memorial

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why does the same animosity towards the rebel flag not also apply to the American flag? How has one flag been "hijacked" and the other one hasn't?
Don't worry, it's gettin' there....

bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com_theadanews.com_content_tndc1958b037dfe36e49bd906fc87211de.jpg

[Broken External Image]

joeforamerica.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_05_Eric_Sheppard_Challenge1.jpg

media.vocativ.com_photos_2015_05_RTX1AWA62717633934.jpg

toprightnewscom.c.presscdn.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_05_flag.jpg

a57.foxnews.com_media2.foxnews.com_2015_05_03_780_438_050315_ff_flag_640.jpg

http://www.inquisitr.com/2066139/eric-sheppard-challenge-stomping-on-american-flag-movement-goes-viral-veterans-outraged/

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. That was a battle flag, not the official flag of the confederacy.
Why would anyone be flying a battle flag? The war is ended. Take the battle flag down.

2. I have ancestors that fought for Tennessee and I have ancestors in Ohio that fought for the north.
They would hate that flag.
I'm supposed to choose up sides because why?

The battle flag is what the uproar is about. Here on OklahomaStormfrontAssociation we refuse to admit that the flag is offensive because it's also the flag flown by many southerners when an uppity negro needs hangin.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here for all you blacklist lovers,

The truth is this: The United States simply has not come to grips with its racist past. Across our nation, men who owned other human beings—and even raped the human beings they owned—are revered as leaders. These are men who fought hard to keep Africans enslaved in America and have monuments throughout the South, while men who slaughtered Native Americans are celebrated, and sports teams with racially offensive mascots and logos are allowed. This list could go on and on and on.

Should how we treat Thomas Jefferson and George Washington be up for debate? Yes.

Should how we treat Christopher Columbus be up for debate? Definitely.

Should we debate the presence of monuments to Confederate leaders who are on record as stating they would die to keep Africans enslaved in America? Yeah.

It is a slippery slope, but it's a necessary one. For far too long, the United States government has been fully willing to celebrate individuals regardless of the horrendous role they played in the lives of African Americans, Native Americans, women, and other people of color. This is not okay.

It's time for us to put it all on the table. We can do better.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...-Flag-Yes-and-that-s-a-good-thing-for-America

Latest posts

Top Bottom