Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that in the bill? Cuz I dont see that happening. Wyoming has Constitutional Carry but still has State permits for other states to recognize their permits
If a Texan comes to OK, they have the right to constitutional carry in our state with just an ID.(just using TX as an example, I think they have CC)

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a Texan comes to OK, they have the right to constitutional carry in our state with just an ID.(just using TX as an example, I think they have CC)
That's because Oklahoma recognizes that. That doesn't mean in anyway shape or form that other states will follow suit.

Colorado for one will not recognize Oklahomas Constitutional Carry. Like I said Wyoming still has Permits for those WY residents that travel out of state.

So unless the Federal Reciprocity Act specifically states that other states are required to recognize those states that have Constitutional Carry, its not going to happen.

The Reciprocity Act isn't going to get passed anyway in all likely hood at this point

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

May want to replace Texas with Arizona or Kansas. In Texas you have to get a license to carry. However with that said our state recognizing their state's decision to allow permit-less carry but not allowing us to do the same is asinine.

• Green = No permit required to carry concealed. (Constitutional Carry)
  • Blue = Shall Issue. States that issue a permit to the applicant if they meet the constitutional requirements and pass the required background check
  • Red = May Issue. States that exercise discretion by requiring the applicant show need or cause, or by out right not issuing permits to anyone
carry map.jpg
*NOTE: Some states reflected above may have restrictions like only allowing constitutional carry for residents or something similar. Do your research and consult with an attorney!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that in the bill? Cuz I dont see that happening. Wyoming has Constitutional Carry but still has State permits for other states to recognize their permits
It's not in the state bill. National Reciprocity is up in the federal legislature, where all states must recognize if I'm not incorrect.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not in the state bill. National Reciprocity is up in the federal legislature, where all states must recognize if I'm not incorrect.
You're missing my point. Constitutional carry is technically Permit-less carry. A state could say that Constitutional Carry isn't a permit therefore State X does not recognize it. Unless it says that in the bill, I wouldn't count on going to California with my gun and only a Drivers License

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're missing my point. Constitutional carry is technically Permit-less carry. A state could say that Constitutional Carry isn't a permit therefore State X does not recognize it. Unless it says that in the bill, I wouldn't count on going to California with my gun and only a Drivers License
I haven't read the full reciprocity Federal bill, but If I remember right, the states don't have an option which was odd I thought.
I need to pull it up and read it again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom