Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And of course [email protected] abused your tax dollars using his govt email, on govt time, to rail against his beloved and supported 2A.

I sent him a little love note about that.

Report him to the Inspector General of the Air Force, I can think of three separate terminable offenses just off the top of my head... Perhaps I should make a twitter account to inform both of their boss just in case the IG’s office doesn’t follow through...?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and his response from his facebook page for his business:

First, I am a huge supporter of the 2nd Amendment. I do believe that people should be able to carry without a license. I am also a huge supporter of firearms safety. I do believe that people who carry a firearm need training and knowledge of the law. They never did say that I supported adding some sort of training for NEW shooters to the current CC bill. That would remove the license requirement and still provide the new shooter with a little training.
Does he belong or a representative of the ORA?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Report him to the Inspector General of the Air Force, I can think of three separate terminable offenses just off the top of my head... Perhaps I should make a twitter account to inform both of their boss just in case the IG’s office doesn’t follow through...?
The IG office has no authority. It can only make recommendations to Commanders. Commanders have very little authority over DOD civilians, so it isn't likely that anything would happen too him either way. Unless the guy works for a contracted company. Then its pretty easy to get him fired. Judging by his email address, he is a DOD employee

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course he is against it. He won't be able to charge the $60/person if it passes.

As I understand it he would still be able to charge for the license to carry classes. You will still need the permit for reciprocity reasons. I've been instructing this class for ~25 years and for me personally it has never been about the money. It's more about supporting the 2A community and the community as a whole. I can't count the number of times I've had someone tell me they couldn't afford the class and the cost of the application. To that end I have never turned anyone away from a class due to their lack of ability to pay. If I have a husband and wife come through the course together, I will charge them $100 because I think that's enough for them to spend on it. I regularly provide pistols for the range portion of the course and in many cases that includes the ammo required to fire the course as well as additional range time after the prescribed course of fire if anyone feels they need some more trigger time to be comfortable.

Did a course a couple weeks ago and it even cost me a couple hundred rounds of 5.56 ammo to convince a couple of the women in the course that the AR was NOT the big evil assault weapon they had been led to believe it was. (One of them turned to her husband and says, "I WILL have one of these in the next 30 days and it WILL be purple." Needless to say, I laughed out loud.

OK. Back on topic. Sorry for the detour.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and his response from his facebook page for his business:

First, I am a huge supporter of the 2nd Amendment. I do believe that people should be able to carry without a license. I am also a huge supporter of firearms safety. I do believe that people who carry a firearm need training and knowledge of the law. They never did say that I supported adding some sort of training for NEW shooters to the current CC bill. That would remove the license requirement and still provide the new shooter with a little training.

At this point, the training becomes the license...its still a piece of paperwork HE wants imposed on people before they can exercise their 2A rights. This guy is an idiot and only looking out for his wallet, not 2A rights.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I understand it he would still be able to charge for the license to carry classes. You will still need the permit for reciprocity reasons. I've been instructing this class for ~25 years and for me personally it has never been about the money. It's more about supporting the 2A community and the community as a whole. I can't count the number of times I've had someone tell me they couldn't afford the class and the cost of the application. To that end I have never turned anyone away from a class due to their lack of ability to pay. If I have a husband and wife come through the course together, I will charge them $100 because I think that's enough for them to spend on it. I regularly provide pistols for the range portion of the course and in many cases that includes the ammo required to fire the course as well as additional range time after the prescribed course of fire if anyone feels they need some more trigger time to be comfortable.

Did a course a couple weeks ago and it even cost me a couple hundred rounds of 5.56 ammo to convince a couple of the women in the course that the AR was NOT the big evil assault weapon they had been led to believe it was. (One of them turned to her husband and says, "I WILL have one of these in the next 30 days and it WILL be purple." Needless to say, I laughed out loud.

OK. Back on topic. Sorry for the detour.
your state issued ID becomes your gun permit in that situation.

Last edited:

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
your state issued ID becomes your gun permit in that situation.[/QUOTE]

I'll defer to your knowledge on that matter, I've not taken the time to research each state's laws.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I read a while back, someone from Arizona can legally carry in OK right now with no permit.

Kind of sucks we give reciprocity for a CC state but we have to have a permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I read a while back, someone from Arizona can legally carry in OK right now with no permit.

Kind of sucks we give reciprocity for a CC state but we have to have a permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone from Kansas has more Rights in Oklahoma than an Oklahoman in Oklahoma has because of our permit requirements.
I travel all over US on vacation every summer. If a state required me to carry an actual permit, I would still pay for it because it what that state requires, no different than Helmet laws.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been an SDA instructor since 1996 and I support constitutional carry. I tell every class I teach that I don't believe they should have to go through a class and pay a fee to exercise a constitutional right. Like Okie 362, I have never turned anyone away because they couldn't afford to pay for the class. I have never charged more than $50/person for the class, have supplied guns for qualification, without charge, to many, many people and have taught many people for 1/2 price and quite a few at no charge.

Yes, if constitutional carry passes, there will be unqualified people carrying guns......that's the chance you take when you believe in freedom.

I'm a lot more concerned about idiots voting than I am about idiots carrying guns!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom