Controlled Hunt Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drew a doe only hunt at Sandy Sanders. Never been there, but it looks like interesting country. Anyone have any advice for the area?

BJS
Doe should be easy, practice shooting 150, 200, 250 and 300 yards often. South side the deer migrate to wheat fields on private land to the south every night. Mornings and evenings, intercept them coming or going. Snap and you are done. However, if you would like to hunt something a little more difficult, find one of the many draws the deer bed in and sit in and ambush point when they leave for food sources in the evening. Snap and its over!

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got nothing.....again, one of the guys that I apply with hit the lottery and drew the bull elk gun hunt at Witchita for Dec.11-13.

I need to get to work getting my two farms ready to hunt.

donokc

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What first time applicant charm are you talking about? I did it last year but no luck, hopefully this year. I would really like to take an elk with my new rifle.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elk I have been applying for many years. Can't remember how many. Apply for Antelope and for one of the primo Deer hunts too. Denied again this year.

I did draw the Quail hunt about 4 years ago. I had applied for it as long as they had it. Worked out well as I was to be traveling through there during that time anyway to hunt in Kansas. But some day, my big ship will come in. Just not this year. :hithead:

B

billy bob

I got lucky and drew a Either Sex Antelope tag in Cimmaron county. does anyone have any good advice about landowner's or would Rita Blanca be the best place to hunt?

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got lucky and drew a Either Sex Antelope tag in Cimmaron county. does anyone have any good advice about landowner's or would Rita Blanca be the best place to hunt?

Private land will typically be a little better. But you shouldn't have a problem killing one on public. The public (Rita) isnt one big solid chunk of land. It's 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and mile sections all mixed in and spread out among private land. If it's an early season hunt, water holes are good and there are more water hole on the public.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got drawed for MCALLISTER, hominy, Oct 26.

Ive hunted deer creek twice before. Had several chances, drew blood once and had bad shakes on 3 big bucks.

Going to start practicing in the morning.
Congratulations to you and me! I got Hominy also but it is for Nov. 2. From Google Earth it looks like a terrific area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom