Controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a guy thats been 3 times on the elk hunt. Got drawn and waited 10 years and got drawn again. Then when it changed to once in lifetime got drawn again. Another friend has been on the antelope twice. Ive been on both elk and antelope hunt and they should have been lifetime hunts from the start.

You used to be able to apply again after 10 year wait years ago.
It was a 5 year wait prior to going to the 10 year.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been applying since inception with zero results. I know people that drew twice before it became a lifetime hunt.

View attachment 466786
It will most likely be 30 points after the draw.
I have been drawn twice- for cow elk.

Had a buddy that drew a blank for 33 years- he always put in for bull hunts. Finally he got drawn in 2007.

I get drawn for deer hunts about every 2 or 3 years, but I put in for doe hunts. Never tried cooking antlers, can’t imagine they’d taste good to a human.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll put in again ... but only for the elk hunt. I'm right there with Dennis and @Okie4570 . Maxed out on points (I'm also short one for some reason), been applying as long as I can remember. I've drawn several deer hunts, so I'm thankful for that. But that damn elk ... If'n I ever do draw in (in other words, if I live long enough), I'll have to have some really good able bodied help with me!

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never applied for controlled hunts before, but being the vindictive person that I am, I’ll be applying for every damn one of them from now on just so the non resident haters will have another one to compete against for a spot.***insert middle finger emoji here***🤣
Dennis is going to cut every fence around your place to let the neighbors cows in.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody in Oklahoma has more points than I do for the elk draw, yet I still never get drawn. I'll continue to put in although it's being made to be more difficult for aging hunter
I have been drawn twice- for cow elk.

Had a buddy that drew a blank for 33 years- he always put in for bull hunts. Finally he got drawn in 2007.

I get drawn for deer hunts about every 2 or 3 years, but I put in for doe hunts. Never tried cooking antlers, can’t imagine they’d taste good to a human.
I shot my first mature buck last year on opening rifle. I also learned how to cook backstrap in a really excellent way, now I wonder if mature buck hunting is really worth it as the antlers are quite bland.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put in for McAlister bow hunt always, one of these days I will get lucky. My hunting buddy won a cool Black Widow recurve bow from them.
I put in for one of the elk hunts
I understand in new regs, senior citizens can have a bear tag. A handgun bear hunt would be cool.
Went on that bowhunt last year, very tough! Did miss a 2 year old buck and that to me made it worth while even though I missed!

Latest posts

Top Bottom