Cool knife....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah there blades are super soft and those rubber coated handles they have are downright dangerous... When your hands are wet it like a dang bar of soap... You can get a seal pup for about the same price that will probably last forever...

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If any of you are interested, take note in this consumer review from Amazon.

Well, as an avid Bear Grylls fan, I really truly was hoping for the best on this, and I originally rated this a 5 star product, but after some reviews of the pommel falling off, I decided to go in my backyard and hack at a branch. Just like them, I hacked into ONE branch, about 20 times and there goes the pommel, detached from the plastic. They are correct, the pommel is NOT attached to the blade tang. It's attached to the PLASTIC. It's really cheaply made. Very poor. I really wish this was made different and I think that even Bear would agree that if he used this product himself, he would be greatly disappointed. BOO!!!

UPDATE:!!::
I've contacted Gerber regarding my issue, and it looks like this is essentially a "beta" version, and there will be modifications done Jan/feb of 2011 to correct the issues at hand. Maybe the new one will also be made in Portland. Here is their correspondence.

Thank you for contacting Gerber Legendary Blades regarding the Limited Lifetime Warranty with your Gerber - Bear Grylls product. Gerber warrants to the consumer that this product will be free of defects, in material and workmanship for as long as you own the product. This warranty does not cover damage due to rust, accident, loss of product, improper use, abuse, negligence, or modification of or to any part of the product. Normal wear and tear is not covered under the warranty.

Should your product have failed while being used as intended, we recommend contacting your retailer for Replacement. At this time, we do not have Warranty Replacements to offer from Gerber. The early release of this product was promotional effort and additional product is not available until approximately January/February 2011.

Of course, you're welcome to return your Bear Grylls product to Gerber for a new replacement when they're officially released in January/February 2011. In addition, there are modifications to the handle that will enhance performance with the 2nd release.

If you prefer to send your Bear Grylls Product in for a new replacement in 2011, please send the product, along with an explanation of the defect, your name, physical address, and phone number, to the address below:

Gerber Legendary Blades

Attn: Service Dept.

14200 SW 72nd Ave

Portland, OR 97224

It is recommended that you send your package via UPS, FedEx, or insured mail. Gerber Blades will incur all costs for return postage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom