cool old hunting pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are extracted from a Powerpoint presentation called "Hunters of the Past".
ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture1.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture2.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture3.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture4.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture5.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture6.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture7.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture8.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture9.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture10.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture11.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture12.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture13.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture14.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture15.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture16.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture17.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture18.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture19.jpg

ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_hunters_Picture20.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this not the coolest thread ever!
Good lord, there are some great bucks, and what was that one guy holding? An eagle or a hawk???

Did anybody notice, there was not one piece of camo clothing in the pics???

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about the pic where the four guys had about 6 deer a piece on that never ending tree branch?

My goodness, its a good thing people are keeping an eye on populations these days.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old pictures, especially outdoor related pictures, are absolutely fascinating to me. That non-typical rack on the ground is monstrous. And the paws on that lion are like dinner plates.

I only have a couple more from my family, I need to get them scanned. My dad's side of the family is from Austria and Germany, and my dad has a picture of 3 guys with what look to be 2 red stag (or some kind of European deer) draped over an old car. Early 1900's. I need to get the story on that one. They are all dressed like you'd expect to see a European guy dressed back then, pants tucked into socks just below the knee and tall lace up boots. They're all smiling and holding up 2 fingers, I guess for the 2 deer killed.

Here is a cool link to some of the biggest bucks ever killed in the olden days.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/hunting/whitetails/where-hunt-whitetail-deer/2009/06/history-boone-and-crockett-recor

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
thanks for getting those up steve. i figured the pics would interest some of the folks here. did you see that 14 point typical hanging with the other 7 or 8 deer from minnisota. not to mention that deer were sparce in those days. heck as a kid i remember seeing a deer track was a big deal in certain parts of oklahoma.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old pictures, especially outdoor related pictures, are absolutely fascinating to me. That non-typical rack on the ground is monstrous. And the paws on that lion are like dinner plates.

I only have a couple more from my family, I need to get them scanned. My dad's side of the family is from Austria and Germany, and my dad has a picture of 3 guys with what look to be 2 red stag (or some kind of European deer) draped over an old car. Early 1900's. I need to get the story on that one. They are all dressed like you'd expect to see a European guy dressed back then, pants tucked into socks just below the knee and tall lace up boots. They're all smiling and holding up 2 fingers, I guess for the 2 deer killed.

Here is a cool link to some of the biggest bucks ever killed in the olden days.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/hunting/whitetails/where-hunt-whitetail-deer/2009/06/history-boone-and-crockett-recor

Amazing pics Ridge!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this not the coolest thread ever!
Good lord, there are some great bucks, and what was that one guy holding? An eagle or a hawk???

Did anybody notice, there was not one piece of camo clothing in the pics???

I especially like the pics of the dudes hunting in 3 piece suits. With ties even! Man, it's a different world. I remember when we were kids my mom made us dress up and look sharp to fly on a plane. Can't say I do the same these days!

Latest posts

Top Bottom