Copper Fouling Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to always push the bush towards the muzzle and not pull it back through.
I untwist the item and start from the breech each time.
some guns do not let you work that way though and you must push from muzzle end.
I do the same thing from the breech end. i do not worry about using a bore guide, but I think they are a good idea.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some guns are different. Here is an AR-15 WW 20" SS barrel. Shoots .5 five shot groups with handloads when clean. Has 400+ since last pass of any cleaning. Pic is before solvent patch then after one pass. Tommorow will be pic of complete soak.
20180121_124544.jpg
20180121_130742.jpg

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hoppes bench rest works....just slow.

Really excited about this rifle. The accutriger is REALLY nice. Recoil is light. Didn't measure yesterday but groups were right around 1" with American whitetail ammo from Hornady. Considering it was windy and I'm not the best shot in the world....

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm more confused about what to get for copper now than ever before. I've used the new formula Hoppes, bore cleaner and everything else (including bore foam) and can't tell one from the other.
Any suggestions and if you should leave 15 mins, hour, overnight..etc., and if you should run some oil or dry patches after.
Thanks and I'll watch for responses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom