Cops: We Need Rights More Than You, Citizen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, so you weren't "forced", you had the option of finding another employer.

That sounds a little like some of the comments from anti-union guys saying, "don't like your working conditions?, get another job!"

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, so you weren't "forced", you had the option of finding another employer.

That sounds a little like some of the comments from anti-union guys saying, "don't like your working conditions?, get another job!"

So yes, I was forced to join the union or have my family go with out food and shelter. You have an issue with that?
At the time it was the highest paying job in the area. You have an issue with me doing what I could to support my family in the best way possible?
When they went on strike, the income stopped. I was forced to find other employment to keep food on the table.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no issue at all. Just find it interesting how "forced" is used, depending on which side you're on.

"I want more pay" - "quit, and find another job, no one's forcing you to work there!"

"I was forced to join the union" - or, I'd have to find another job.....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no issue at all. Just find it interesting how "forced" is used, depending on which side you're on.

"I want more pay" - "quit, and find another job, no one's forcing you to work there!"

"I was forced to join the union" - or, I'd have to find another job.....
It sure seems you have an issue. What part of your forced to join a union to get a high paying job are you having difficulty understanding?
I didn't like being a member of the teamsters union, but its called suck it up buttercup and go to work.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No issue, I've been on both sides of that coin. I just find it amusing that the same verbage is inappropriately used in one situation, and not the other. Don't git yer union card twisted up over nothing.....

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meanwhile, back here over by the point....

You know, I just finished a 20 page paper over the differences (with respect to the 4th and 5th amendments) between military and civilian law. One of the points I addressed is that certain civilian public servants, like police and elected officials, need to be held to possess a "reduced expectation of privacy" in comparison to John Q. Public just like soldiers, sailors, and airmen do.

I'm all for holding public servants accountable. Can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if they could be randomly searched without a warrant via inspection to maintain "good order and discipline?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom