Corn/Feed Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With a small herd of cows and having just fed out a steer, I've been watching it climb, You can buy a 1.5 ton buggy for about $1600 or you can buy bulk bags for about $25 each plus filling it and I shop at a small milling store. If it was me and I wanted corn to feed for a period of time I would buy it NOW. IMO, your not going to see it come down, you might see it OOS though.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My local gas station is $12.75 for 50#. The protein pellets, which raccoons aren't as fond of, is $12 for 50#. I'm switching mostly to pellets for now. The extra $1-2 for 50# is worth it to not drive out of my way by 40 minutes.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Commodity price for corn shot up 70% in April. It dropped back down in the last few days of July. Bagged corn prices will come down at co ops and other feed stores. Sporting goods and Wal Marts will probably be last to see the price drop.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Atwoods in Chandler is $8.49 per 40 pound bag. Cantrell Ag in Prague is $10.05 per 50 pound bag. They are out now and waiting for nebraska corn to start coming in September 1st. It should be cheaper also. It's gone down about $0.50 per bag in the last month. Tractor Supply is sky high! I was going to buy a feed trailer but the bulk prices aren't much less than getting bagged. I've always done mostly big corn piles but the corn prices this year have forced me to build 6 feeders.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not know what you have in your area, but up here in Oh-Hi-O, there are farmers who bag their grains for peoole to buy and generally have a year-round supply.

One idea is, you can look for a gaylord box that is used to transport plastic pellets in for plastic injection molding!

They are about 4' square.

As long as the grain is cured to proper moisture, you should be ok.

A couple gaylord boxes would probably handle 1000 pounds of corn!

Just a thought! 👍
Called totes around this neck of the woods. 😀

Latest posts

Top Bottom