Corn/Feed Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been feeding cotton seed for the last month and half. My usual corn supply won't happen until harvest so I've got a while yet. Cottonseed is $11 bag but the only thing that eats it is deer. Squirrels and raccoons don't mess with it so at least the deer get all of it.
Amazing the corn harvest is this late.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This All Stock isn’t a sweet feed. It’s just a 1/8” pelleted “horse” feed, and the deer at my places in TX and OK eat it like crazy. Before I put a timer on my protein feeders, the deer would empty a 1000# feeder in 10-12 days.
Can that be dumped out on the ground like corn about a week before Oct. 1?

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can that be dumped out on the ground like corn about a week before Oct. 1?
Rather than on the ground, you can build a simple box feeder with a roof…assuming you do not have cattle on the place. Works great for corn, protein, mineral, etc, as long as you make it open enough the deer do not feel confined and their view isn’t limited.

Last edited:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something similar to this but without the hay rack. If you do not need to move it around, the simplest and cheapest way to build one is to set 2 4X4 posts or landscaping timber’s in the ground and build the box / feed pan between them with 2X4’s or 2X6’s. A 3X3 feed pan holds a lot of feed. Then build an A frame at the top of the posts to support your roof. Don’t know why this pic has a shingled roof because that is expensive and too heavy. Repurposed or new tin works best.

83F43D67-1971-496E-9D50-214572D8F865.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom