Corrupt Sheriff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard that about a lot of sheriffs. I also remember an almost gun battle between the Alfalfa County sheriff and the Cherokee Chief of Police in the 70's. They hated each other and both of them went out of their way to make hay against the other.

OKShot51

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Propaganda. I grew up and live in McCurtain Co. and am proud of my community. Sure there have been mistakes made by the Sheriff's Department and the County Commissioners lately that have brought a bad image to our county. But the local propaganda machine is just as much if not more to blame. One good consequence of social media/internet is that local newspapers will be a thing of the past. They are the ones with the "power" that this ridiculous video claims belongs to the sheriffs. The local "gazette" are the faces on this video. This is not journalism but propaganda.

OneMoreEvan

Snake Eater
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Propaganda. I grew up and live in McCurtain Co. and am proud of my community. Sure there have been mistakes made by the Sheriff's Department and the County Commissioners lately that have brought a bad image to our county. But the local propaganda machine is just as much if not more to blame. One good consequence of social media/internet is that local newspapers will be a thing of the past. They are the ones with the "power" that this ridiculous video claims belongs to the sheriffs. The local "gazette" are the faces on this video. This is not journalism but propaganda.
My brother in Christ, the audio literally has the Sheriff talking about lynching people and there is video proof of them beating people in the shower room where there are no cameras, what do you mean? I dislike the mainstream news as much as the next guy, but the sheriff should have said something to defend himself if he wasn't in the wrong.

OKShot51

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not condoning what was said in the secretly recorded conversation between the sheriff and the commissioners. That conversation was cherry picked however and referred to how it used to be done. Once again most inappropriate. This however was all vindictive and an ongoing struggle between the power that be.

And regarding the brutality scenes, I'm not sure. One was in 2015 and we had a different sheriff then. I certainly don't know what happened in those incidences but believe that if there is a death involved it most certainly is investigated by OSBI or higher up. If it was swept under the rug then we have a state level concern.

My point in the above comment is that those players in the OP's video are the media and are more interested in serving their own agenda than building up our community.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in Osage County. Read the book Killers of the Flower Moon to see how law enforcement can be not on the side of the law. Don't watch the movie to make a conclusion. It's Hollywood and sucks.
I grew up in the county listening to the old men on the big ranches tell stories, mostly after having some hootch. Real? I don't know.
Read the book, "An Innocent Man" and see how the DA in Shawnee sent two innocent men to death row.
Even after they were released, the DA remained in office and continued to try and put them back on death row to preserve his reputation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom